Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
cst_Cowley cst_Cowley

So Toronto dumps a solid reliever to get a bad third baseman and a starter that is done in two months, plus they give a prospect?

Interesting take... and probably honest. It's hard to look at this deal in a vacuum and not constantly think of Daniel Hudson. Also, the BS (I called that from the get-go) idea that St. Louis would move Rasmus with Jackson as the main piece also got us all hopped up on crazy.

However, the deal is fair as stands, and rather dumb for the Jays if it happens.

I hate to agree with Cowardly, but I still don't get this deal from the jays side.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joel Sherman

Joelsherman1 Joel Sherman

Hear #Whitesox Edwin Jackson to #Bluejays close, but not complete yet because $$ not yet approved and Tor trying to spin him to another team

56 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Indeed going to be flipped.

Steve,

It doesnt make sense for Toronto, which is why it makes more sense that this leak is nothing but a desperate try for KW to increase the market for Jackson.

I have yet to see any angle where this trade makes sense for the Blue Jays. They take on salary, the best piece they obtain is a FA and has Boras as an agent, they really have no chance at the Wild Card or Division.

Its not even like Frasoer makes a lot of money so they are trying to offset costs. The only argument has been that the Blue Jays are going to then trade Jackson for something, but youd think the Sox would just cut out the middle man.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
My issue in this trade is the White Sox are basically wasting Edwin Jackson's value in order to get rid of a bad contract (Teahen). It's why I think this is a pretty bad trade. Also, Ozzie Guillen's favorite family member fails to point out that the "solid reliever" we get is also "done in two months".

Because this is Edwin Jackson's value.

Compared to picking up a pitcher off the waiver wire, he might be worth at best 2 wins this year, maybe more likely 1. To get that extra win, a team also has to pay a couple million dollars. They get the joy of a sandwich pick in exchange for him as well, but that doesn't net anything for years and may not even happen since the CBA is up this year.

Dumping $9 million or so (or $5 m illion if we pick up Frasor's option) Is edwin Jackson's value.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
Could they DFA Jackson or Teahen to make room on the roster until the trade is complete?

No, because if a team realized there was demand for either of those players, then someone like the Mariners would just claim them and do the trade themselves.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:04 AM)
Its not even like Frasoer makes a lot of money so they are trying to offset costs. The only argument has been that the Blue Jays are going to then trade Jackson for something, but youd think the Sox would just cut out the middle man.

Not when uncle Jerry is requiring KW to trim payroll.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
Well since Shack is on a roll with that, someone should see if he'll add another 5 G's to bet in this thread.

Hah...as soon as I realized it was Kona, I was more concerned.

But I still think that something is getting lost in translation here. This has got to be misinformation.

If it's not, and we don't get a premium prospect, and we won't, then I will be finished with this regime and you won't find me defending them any longer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:08 AM)
No, because if a team realized there was demand for either of those players, then someone like the Mariners would just claim them and do the trade themselves.

DFAing a player only removes them from the roster. He isnt on waivers unless they place him on waivers. At least that's what Wikipedia told me about Designated for assignment.