Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
Or it could be another trade because technically this trade opens up 2 spots.

There could be another deal that opens 1 spot, or they could be DLing Lilli. Its all speculation.

No, it opens up 1 spot, Frasor takes the other.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
Or it could be another trade because technically this trade opens up 2 spots.

There could be another deal that opens 1 spot, or they could be DLing Lilli. Its all speculation.

Well they get Frasor but he won't be in the game for today I suspect

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
@SI_JonHeyman - Word is, #bluejays may spin e-jax to #stlcards if get him from #chisox

@DKnobler - I hear if Edwin Jackson, Teahen go to Toronto, good chance they don't stay there (i.e. get flipped to third team). And yes, third team would likely be Cardinals (Rasmus)

:unsure:

Kenny asleep at the wheel!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
@SI_JonHeyman - Word is, #bluejays may spin e-jax to #stlcards if get him from #chisox

@DKnobler - I hear if Edwin Jackson, Teahen go to Toronto, good chance they don't stay there (i.e. get flipped to third team). And yes, third team would likely be Cardinals (Rasmus)

How does that make sense? If we could do that ourselves why deal with tor?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
That's the only wat this makes sense.

Toronto spent a couple million to get themselves a sandwich pick in the Miguel Olivo deal last year. They're willing to do things like this to stockpile draft picks, they've already proven that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:14 AM)
No, there's no one else the sox can move to create a roster spot unless someone is going on the DL in the next hour and we have no idea. De Aza starting means someone has been dealt.

That's what I was wondering. If this deal doesn't get done very soon there's got to be another spot opening (or already open) in order for DeAza to play today.

Frasor wouldnt be playing today, meaning if this deal was done Sox probably would have wanted to call up an emergency pitcher. Its not a necessity because Jackson is a starter but they already have Humber in the pen and he isnt being used so if they dont call up a reliever and dont have Frasor they are really thin today.

If they were so sure this deal was done, theyd have called up a reliever for 1 day to just send down the next.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
How does that make sense? If we could do that ourselves why deal with tor?

We most likely didn't have the prospects to deal for with Jackson. I think its probably Toronto who called KW for Jackson just so they can deal him out.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Keep in mind, if the Jays flip him to St Louis for Rasmus, they also have much nicer pieces down on the farm they can send along with him. Just because they are able to get Rasmus out of Jackson, does not mean we necessarily could have as well

Depends on if they send a prospect with, and who that prospect is. If it's Lawrie, that's one thing. If it's a similar guy to Cooper, I say we march to Kenny's doorsteps.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Frasor wouldnt be playing today, meaning if this deal was done Sox probably would have wanted to call up an emergency pitcher. Its not a necessity because Jackson is a starter but they already have Humber in the pen and he isnt being used so if they dont call up a reliever and dont have Frasor they are really thin today.

If they were so sure this deal was done, theyd have called up a reliever for 1 day to just send down the next.

I don't think that "Unavailable due to trade" clears up a roster spot for a day, I think the guy still holds that roster spot.