Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
People are mad because KW traded away a very good young pitcher for an okay older pitcher, which is now being turned into a relief pitcher, while another team uses Jackson as the centerpiece to acquire a very good young outfielder.

In other words, KW is mismanaging his resources and other GMs are taking advantage.

Seems to me that people are freaking out that we couldn't just use Jackson for Rasmus as if that's gonna be the deal straight up.

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
All I have to say is Alex Asosoefhjfdjsf is quickly becoming one of the top 5 GMs in all of baseball.

That happened when he managed the Vernon Wells trade

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
It's been confirmed by multiple outlets that the Cardinals offered Rasmus to the Sox for Jackson, Thornton, and a spect. Now things have changed and Kenny's being forced to find a way to include Teabag, which is going to cost us Rasmus and anything legit in this deal.

Good point. If that would've gotten the deal done, you do it. You still shed salary and get a potential stud on your hands.

Obviously, it is time for Kenny Williams to go. This is the last straw in a long run of terrible deals of depreciating value as he continues to throw good players after bad to chase a championship in a division that is highly winnable year-in and year-out. This team needs an enema.

It's been confirmed by multiple outlets that the Cardinals offered Rasmus to the Sox for Jackson, Thornton, and a spect. Now things have changed and Kenny's being forced to find a way to include Teabag, which is going to cost us Rasmus and anything legit in this deal.

Is tht because of a JR sell order?

I'm not giving up hope that something good is coming from this. As this is reported, KW would have been much better off just keeping Jackson and cashing him in for a sandwich pick. Dumping Teahen's salary makes no sense if you're picking up Frasor's salary.

Unless...

Does Frasor profile as a type B as well?

LOL, SMH

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:32 PM)
Seems to me that people are freaking out that we couldn't just use Jackson for Rasmus as if that's gonna be the deal straight up.

It comes down to two things

1) The Rasmus trade is very dependent on who Toronto sends as to just how bad it looks for KW.

2) KW turning Daniel Hudson into a relief pitcher and salary relief is atrocious planning and the height of his incompetence.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
I'm not giving up hope that something good is coming from this. As this is reported, KW would have been much better off just keeping Jackson and cashing him in for a sandwich pick. Dumping Teahen's salary makes no sense if you're picking up Frasor's salary.

Unless...

Does Frasor profile as a type B as well?

He does.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
Steve,

If it was Thornton, Jackson + prospect, the prospect had to be Viciedo otherwise the savings versus trading Teahen instead of Thornton just isnt great enough. Unless the spect the Sox are getting is dynomite.

What prospect would they want besides Dayan? I wouldn't do that. But the lack of a decent system besides Dayan has screwed us for the second consecutive season.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Obviously, it is time for Kenny Williams to go. This is the last straw in a long run of terrible deals of depreciating value as he continues to throw good players after bad to chase a championship in a division that is highly winnable year-in and year-out. This team needs an enema.

You read this as "Chasing after the division"?

I would have done the Rasmus for Ejax and Thorton for sure. But since Sale will be inserted in the rotation next year, we would still need that lefty set up man. This turned out to be a pure salary dump on our part. JR wants to shed some salary so that is what is happening right now. I wouldn't be suprised to see Quentin go next. Hopefully the return package will be a bit higher on that one!!