Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
If Stewart's pitching in PCL, then I don't really care what his numbers were. I remember Reds fans freaking out whent hey traded him for Rolen.

Eastern League (New Hampshire).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
If Stewart's pitching in PCL, then I don't really care what his numbers were. I remember Reds fans freaking out whent hey traded him for Rolen.

It's actually AA where he is posting the 4.20 ERA and 1.41 WHIP. He is a nothing, and won't be anything more than backend rotation help for when Peavy re-injures himself.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
Jackson was walking after the year, Teahen's contract was f***ing pathetic, Frasor will be useful, decent prospect. It's obviously not an awesome move but s***...

Yeah, my tone has changed a little after learning Stewart was involved. I guess his long-term prognosis is that of a power reliever. Under the circumstances, I'll take it.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
This deal actually looks pretty good as Stewart could be flipped rather easily and gives a prospect to be traded in the next couple of days. The salary relief also helps.

Stewart is not the prospect he once was. Old for AA with a bad WHIP and is at best a back of the rotation guy.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Haha. I have just had it with Kenny's horrible moves.

Honestly, I put this all 100% on Adam Dunn. If we had even a slightly below career average Dunn, we're running away with the division and trading for upgrades.

I just don't get the freaking out over KW. I don't expect him to rape every trade he does and honestly only disliked the 2nd Swisher trade because it was for stupid reasons. Took a gamble to fill a gaping whole in CF with a former all-star, traded garbage for a potential Ace, and traded a young pitcher who wasn't getting the job done for someone who could in a division race. So eh, whatever. Hindsight is a funny thing

We can still win the division, I'm not being sarcastic. We turned Jackson into a pitching prospect, dumped Teahen AND got him paid for, and acquired Frasor for the rest of the season and will collect his Type B compensation pick, which is what Jackson was going to be worth anyway.

Read that a couple of times. I can live with it.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
It's actually AA where he is posting the 4.20 ERA and 1.41 WHIP. He is a nothing, and won't be anything more than backend rotation help for when Peavy re-injures himself.

Can I ask you how you came to your conclusion that he is a nothing? Law had him ranked higher than Chris Sale coming into this season on his top 100. Obviously there are scouts out there who project him to be quite something.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Yeah, my tone has changed a little after learning Stewart was involved. I guess his long-term prognosis is that of a power reliever. Under the circumstances, I'll take it.

Yep, he has some potential still. Like you said, better prospect than I anticipated KW getting.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)

Yup, getting out of Teahen's contarct is great, good MR arm and an interesting prospect. Move on with a better financial situation, f*** it.

Law has him #44 overall, good return for a salary dump.

The industry remains split on whether Stewart is a starter or a power sinker/slider reliever, but I still don't see a good reason to remove him from the future rotation, as he's a four-pitch guy who can miss bats and get groundballs. Stewart will pitch in the low 90 mph range but touches 96, and his fastball has both sink and tail to it. His slider is his best offspeed pitch, tight at 83-87 with good tilt, and he commands the pitch well, throwing it to both sides of the plate. His changeup improved substantially as the year went on, 81-85, straight, but with excellent arm speed. His curve has good depth but he doesn't command it well and it's not as tight as the slider.

He stays over the rubber before driving forward with a long stride, although his arm action is a little long in the back and he pronates relatively late in the delivery. His fastball movement has limited his control, and he'll have to work on cutting down on free passes, but there's No. 2 starter potential here, No. 3 at worst, as long as he can throw enough strikes.

Give KW credit at least - Toronto is picking up ALL of Teahen's contract. Saving $9.5 mil. Could be applied to re-sign Buehrle?

Best of the day is the benching of Rios. Now he can just nap in the dugout.