Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
BA did have him as the Blue Jays #1 in 09, and #5 in 10.

And Jays fans thought they could get more than Jackson for Stewart. I dont mind it, I am actually surprised KW took one of their top prospects. Usually its a huge WHO??

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade works as the first step down three potential paths:

1) Sox bet DET today and gain another game over the weekend and now there is $$$ and one more prospect to use to try and add an impact player.

2) Sox lose today and lose another game over the weekend and this trade was a head start in dumping salary.

3) Sox stay in the 3-4 GB range and the Sox hedge their bets by doing nothing other than having shed two salaries from guys they don't need and picking up at least one guy who can help right now. The least attractive option for sure, but then this team has put KW in a horrible spot by playing too poorly to give him the confidence to 'go for it' yet being close enough to first to upset the fans by doing a full-blown salary dump.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Which shows you how weak TOR system was at that time and nothing more. Their #1 prospect wasn't even a top 100 prospect.

There are plenty of other sources who regarded him as high as a top 100 prospect

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
The people that like Stewart had better be right because he's really the one guy that can salvage the entire Daniel Hudson/Edwin Jackson saga of the last year. I don't think Frasor can, although he is a decent reliever.

Holmberg+Hudson is better than anything we are getting in this trade.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
The people that like Stewart had better be right because he's really the one guy that can salvage the entire Daniel Hudson/Edwin Jackson saga of the last year. I don't think Frasor can, although he is a decent reliever.

There's nothing that can salvage that deal. KW lost that one for eternity. Not just Hudson. But how good with David Holmberg look in our system right about now?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:31 AM)
This trade works as the first step down three potential paths:

1) Sox bet DET today and gain another game over the weekend and now there is $$$ and one more prospect to use to try and add an impact player.

2) Sox lose today and lose another game over the weekend and this trade was a head start in dumping salary.

3) Sox stay in the 3-4 GB range and the Sox hedge their bets by doing nothing other than having shed two salaries from guys they don't need and picking up at least one guy who can help right now. The least attractive option for sure, but then this team has put KW in a horrible spot by playing too poorly to give him the confidence to 'go for it' yet being close enough to first to upset the fans by doing a full-blown salary dump.

Excellent post.

If #1 were to play out, would we be looking at ARam?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
Indians are hard after Beltran.

Beltran won't accept a trade to the Indians per Gammons

"Never mind that the Indians did offer to pick up all of Carlos Beltran's remaining Mets contract and give up a good player in return. The deal Scott Boras negotiated with the Mets for Beltran includes a no-trade clause, which Boras refers to as a "ring clause," meaning that if things ground to an end in New York, Beltran had the right to choose where best to go get a ring before entering the free-agent market, and Cleveland did not fit. "

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...rtnerId=rss_mlb

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)

No it's the prospect you'll get for Frasor in the draft that will... Stewart isn't anything special more like a horse at the end of the roto.

I can live with this. I figure if the Sox lose, they could always spin Frasor for some value. Teams always give up a lot of relievers. Stewart has a good arm and some potential and I dont' mind seeing what Coop can do with him.

Today's game will be pretty big as I assume it will set the tone as to what the remaining moves will be. It sure is nice having Teahen long gone. Add in the fact that Rios is now benched, even better.

QUOTE (TheHugeUnit @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
No it's the prospect you'll get for Frasor in the draft that will... Stewart isn't anything special more like a horse at the end of the roto.

That's what I mean though: if Stewart can eat innings and pitch at the bottom of our rotation, it would salvage all of this. Going back to where it all started, I don't know if Hudson would've been more than a #3 starter in the AL anyways. He certainly wouldn't have been a #1 type IMO.

Edited by whitesoxfan101