Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
Which shows you how weak TOR system was at that time and nothing more. Their #1 prospect wasn't even a top 100 prospect.

None of that s*** matters.

Someone put up a link of a Sickels ranking where Sickels says Stewart's stuff is "slightly better than Drabek's." I know nothing about Stewart, but if that is even remotely true, Kenny has just fornicated.

And also (not referring to this specific post, just speaking generally) Hudson DOES NOT MATTER at this point, neither does Getz/Fields or the salary of the Teahen deal. If Kenny could go back in time to last July/December with the knowledge that we weren't going to win last year and were also going to suck ass this year, neither of these deals would have happened. Kenny made them to take a shot at winning. Teahen was a terrible idea from the get-go, but Jackson was a ballsy win-now move that didn't work out. Instead of (as some posters seem to advocate) crying about everything and acting like pansies and lamenting the past, Kenny got a good deal for Jackson and dumped a bad deal. It takes sac to make the first Jackson deal, and it also takes sac to dump a Linebrink/Teahen when you have to. Kenny deserves props for that. My only complaint ATM is Kenny needs to stick this sac of his in Ozzie's face and tell him to live with it or take his talents to South Beach. If Kenny did what *HE* wanted to do more of the time we'd be better off for it.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:39 PM)
I'm going to say that yes KW could have easily bested this.

Rz....is a very highly regarded lefty reliever in the majors this year, regarding his trade value.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
Edwin Jackson + 2 relievers? You think KW couldn't have done better? Are you joking?

Wow, I take it back. I was reading something else. I thought Asher Wojciechowski was involved. As that is what I read at a Blue Jays site. Yeah, we dropped the ball here. I'm f***ing shocked. I'm taking a break from this team.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
I'm PM'ing you my PayPal number. I'd like the $5000.00 by the end of the day, please.

Maybe if you had admitted your source was Kona and not pretended as though you had some inside knowledge when you didn't I would have believed you.

You did nothing other than take a post from an actual source.

I give you credit for posting it here first, but nothing else.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:46 AM)
Wow, I take it back. I was reading something else. I thought Asher Wojciechowski was involved. As that is what I read at a Blue Jays site. Yeah, we dropped the ball here. I'm f***ing shocked. I'm taking a break from this team.

When does this break start? Because you said this like an hour ago.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
And I'm going to say you belong in a rubber room.

How is that? We had Jackson, and better relievers than they gave up.

I don't even like Rasmus nearly as much as some do on this site, but it's clear to me the Sox could have had him rather easily, but it was instead about dumping Teahen's contract.

Pathetic. We are worse off this year than we were and no better for the future. Save a few million we can't spend. I can't believe how far this organization has fallen. And I stuck up for KW a lot, in the past.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)

Something I just thought of is that it's very possible the Sox envision an outfield next year of Rios, De Aza and Viciedo...and thus, don't feel like they had room for Rasmus. De Aza would be their slappy leadoff hitter, of course

QUOTE (shakes @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
How is that? We had Jackson, and better relievers than they gave up.

I don't even like Rasmus nearly as much as some do on this site, but it's clear to me the Sox could have had him rather easily, but it was instead about dumping Teahen's contract.

Pathetic. We are worse off this year than we were and no better for the future. Save a few million we can't spend. I can't believe how far this organization has fallen. And I stuck up for KW a lot, in the past.

I edited. I read something that was totally wrong, obviously.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
Rz....is a very highly regarded lefty reliever in the majors this year, regarding his trade value.

It tells me one thing, the Sox and Cards did talk about a deal surrounding Thornton and Jackson plus a prospect.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)

Probably has higher value than Thornton even tho Thornton has a better past, he s*** the bed this season which screwed us since we would have been selling him low which I still think we might do. And Dotel is decent and is great against righties. But we weren't far off from getting it done it seems.

We could have done Jackson, Thornton, and not even Viciedo, maybe Reed, I dunno if STL wanted immediate help, which wat Tor offered.