Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Please. Tampa has won two of the last three division titles in that same division. Toronto is coming. They have the best GM in baseball and a WAVE of talent on the horizon.

lmao. j4l, you are as wishy washy as they come when it comes to other teams. they are always the bestest evar11!!!

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Trever Miller is expected to be traded to the White Sox, from Toronto.

Oh thank god, for a second here I thought we were getting the short end of the stick............

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Buster_ESPN Buster Olney

Source: Trever Miller is expected to be traded to the White Sox, from Toronto.

Lefty reliever...cya Thornton?

I wonder if this is signaling the end of Thornton, b/c i don't really see why we'd need 4 lefties out of the pen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
Feel free to adopt my signature.

This is a crock of s***. Where are you badger? I thought Viciedo had to be included? Jackson, Thornton, and Reed and this gets done.

I'll do just that. I'll make my sig my avy.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:02 PM)
I like the deal cause it gets Teahen off the books, but like you said, it's all reactionary to make up for previous transactions that didn't work out.

I get that, but that is not money that can be spent. Teahen was the least of the bad contracts. Could have probably dumped him in the offseason and ate a little salary.

Just stop and look what Toronto really gave up for Rasmus. A couple of decent relievers, a middling prospect with upside, and agreed to pay for Teahen, while highly overpaid, can be a useful bench player.

That's what a good GM does. Those are things KW use to do. Now, he cleans up after his ego and pissing matches and keeps digging a deeper hole for this team.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
Cardinals fans are definitely on suicide watch.

http://www.birdsonthebat.org/showthread.php?t=61173

As they certainly should be; LaRussa's done a fine job with that team, but the Rasmus situation has been a complete joke this year. His personal vendetta cost them a lot here.

Secondly, the White Sox, had they prioritized winning baseball, could have had Rasmus for a similar sweetheart deal. There's no reason not to toss them Thornton and Reed and enjoy a future built around Colby Rasmus, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, and even Carlos Quentin.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
Please. Tampa has won two of the last three division titles in that same division. Toronto is coming. They have the best GM in baseball and a WAVE of talent on the horizon.

They dont have the talent of TB, and I thought their minor league system was overvalued?

When are you taking your break?

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
trever miller is a solid LOOGY, adds some bullpen depth, tells me thronton is going bye bye or sale back to the minors to work on being a starter

Or that Sale could be moved into the rotation if other starters are sent packing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
As they certainly should be; LaRussa's done a fine job with that team, but the Rasmus situation has been a complete joke this year. His personal vendetta cost them a lot here.

Secondly, the White Sox, had they prioritized winning baseball, could have had Rasmus for a similar sweetheart deal. There's no reason not to toss them Thornton and Reed and enjoy a future built around Colby Rasmus, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, and even Carlos Quentin.

I thought Gordon sucked and has a very low ceiling now?

So, Frasor is a very good lefty reliever, correct? He's under contract for how long and for how much?

The White Sox now have a 5 man rotation going forward.

Is Zach Stewart a starting pitching prospect? How highly rated is he? Where does he project for the White Sox?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)

Nobody is building around Rasmus and Beckham as they stand today. There is still alot of HOPE in your theory.