Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
What prospect would they want besides Dayan? I wouldn't do that. But the lack of a decent system besides Dayan has screwed us for the second consecutive season.

The only other guys worth anything would be guys like Addison Reed or maybe Beckham still, but neither of them seems like enough to balance out for Rasmus.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
It comes down to two things

1) The Rasmus trade is very dependent on who Toronto sends as to just how bad it looks for KW.

2) KW turning Daniel Hudson into a relief pitcher and salary relief is atrocious planning and the height of his incompetence.

And now I see that Hudson deal sucking. I liked it when it was for Edwin. When it's for a reliever and cap relief? Idiotic. Now is the time someone chimes in and says we could've had Hudson on 6 cheap years as opposed to a 32 year old reliever and some C prospect who won't even be a bench player for us.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
Didnt TLR come out yesterday and say Rasmus refuses to listen to coaches? Why on Earth would you want a player like that on your team? We already have something similar to that playing in CF.

Because Greg Walker is out hitting coach.

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
2) KW turning Daniel Hudson into a relief pitcher and salary relief is atrocious planning and the height of his incompetence.

KW turning Jackson into a relief pitcher and salary relief is a fair move, in a vacuum.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
Didnt TLR come out yesterday and say Rasmus refuses to listen to coaches? Why on Earth would you want a player like that on your team? We already have something similar to that playing in CF.

That be a good thing in Chicago cuz we have Walker and Ozzie as coaches

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
I would have done the Rasmus for Ejax and Thorton for sure. But since Sale will be inserted in the rotation next year, we would still need that lefty set up man. This turned out to be a pure salary dump on our part. JR wants to shed some salary so that is what is happening right now. I wouldn't be suprised to see Quentin go next. Hopefully the return package will be a bit higher on that one!!

Oh, its not over yet. If there is a loss posted today, I wouldnt be surprised to see Thornton on his way out the door as well.

Unfortunate as Jackson is seemingly a good guy.

I guess we now wait on the prospect, maybe its good and everyone seems silly.

Our only hope is that Toronto was in love with Rasmus and Jackson was the only way to acquire him and we actually got to force their hand.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
One thing Id like to do is thank Edwin Jackson for playing his butt off. Nice guy and a good player just to bad he was paid so much.

I would also like to thank Edwin for contributing to my alcohol abuse with his painful to sit through 120 pitch clusterf***s that forced me to drink even more to compensate for excessive boredom. Good riddance.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:38 AM)
That be a good thing in Chicago cuz we have Walker and Ozzie as coaches

Yeah thats great but they actually do some good believe it or not. Having a playing that just wings it because he doesnt give a damn is not what we need right now.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
If we lose today, and then Friday and Saturday, how many guys could go in your opinion?

3-5 more.

We know teams are calling hard on pitching, and we have some of the best in the league right now in the pen. Not to mention Floyd's pretty affordable contract and Sale's potential as a starter.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
I would also like to thank Edwin for contributing to my alcohol abuse with his painful to sit through 120 pitch clusterf***s that forced me to drink even more to compensate for excessive boredom. Good riddance.

Lol that to :)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
You read this as "Chasing after the division"?

Yes, clearly this one deal is what I'm referring to, and not the many, many awful deals that have cost JR piles of cash and lead to this final punting of value that is Edwin Jackson.

Claim Alex Rios - big cash. f***.

Trade Daniel Hudson - Get a known commodity in Edwin Jackson trying to force hand of Washington to trade you player you actually want in Adam Dunn.

Claim MANNY RAMIREZ - one month. one homer. $5 mill. f***.

Give away Edwin Jackson to get rid of another AWFUL, POINTLESS contract extension in Mark Teahen.

This is just a very very very very very small segment of KW's persistent incompetence.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)

Isn't that what Sox fans want our players to do?