Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
I came to my conclusion based on him having a very mediocre year in AA (4.20 ERA/1.41 WHIP/10.1 H per 9 inn) for a guy who will be 25 in two months. If he were so good as a prospect, why are 21-year-old prospects hitting him so damn hard? I know I am not a scout and can't see his stuff, but his lack of success this year is quite worrisome.

But you havent seen him play. The guy had success at AA and AAA previously. We dont know what he's working on down there. All we know is he is ranked highly, higher than any prospect in our system right now. And we got 10 million, and got rid of Teahen, AND got a really good affordable late inning reliever. Thats not bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:18 AM)
Its really not that bad of a deal if you just take into account this deal itself. Teahen was a top 3 enemy on this site for good reasons. Jackson was walking. We got 10 million, a cheap effective reliever and a top 50 prospect.

Im actually liking this deal a bit, not overly impressed but really not that bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
But you havent seen him play. The guy had success at AA and AAA previously. We dont know what he's working on down there. All we know is he is ranked highly, higher than any prospect in our system right now. And we got 10 million, and got rid of Teahen, AND got a really good affordable late inning reliever. Thats not bad.

And Rios got benched

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
Well, if this is true, and I don't know s*** about prospects, then I am happy with this.

Getting good prospects is what I advocated rather than trading him for and Thornton for Rasmus.

i agree, i actually am a fan of this deal. teahan is worthless and his salary sucked. jackson, while fairly solid, was walking at years end. we got the equivalent to a type B level prospect in stewart which is about what you'd expect for edwin alone, as well as frasor whos pretty solid and cash to pay to frasor. overall its a solid move. we rid ourselves of a terrible bench player and a 6th starter. reasonably speaking, moving teahan was a great thing for the sox considering its doubtful theyre going to be able to move rios, dunn or other hugely large terrible contracts. pretty solid return for a bench player with a terrible contract who contributes next to nothing and a sp who was going to walk in 2 months

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:22 AM)
Im actually liking this deal a bit, not overly impressed but really not that bad.

We also arent done.

And lets say this money allows us the flexibility to bring back Buehrle, that would be a nice bonus. However I believe that we are in for alot more movement based on what happens this afternoon.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
Or that we lost out on Colby Rasmus due to lack of a farm system. I think that's where the main frustration comes from. And lol@it being even insinuated that Jackson/Thornton would be enough. Rasmus' potential is unlimited. They weren't going to give him away.

So which is it? Rasmus is the next Ted Williams or the Cards can't wait to get rid of him? Can't be both.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:15 AM)
So dealing Jackson for Frasor and Stewart isn't terrible, and when you couple that with getting out of Teahen's deal...I like it assuming we didn't add salary relief.

In a vacuum, the deal is fine. I, however, feel the vacuum's bag is full of dust and s*** and maybe some cat vomit and needs to be f***ing changed.

/weird metaphor

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:11 AM)
Rios being benched is the best news of the day...maybe all year. Looking forward to seeing De Aza patrolling centerfield.

Knowing Ozzie...it'll be for just one day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
We also arent done.

And lets say this money allows us the flexibility to bring back Buehrle, that would be a nice bonus. However I believe that we are in for alot more movement based on what happens this afternoon.

Yup, the dominos will be falling in the next few days. And I do really like Frasor too, he gives us flexibility in plenty of trades (including moving him too).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
In a vacuum, the deal is fine. I, however, feel the vacuum's bag is full of dust and s*** and maybe some cat vomit and needs to be f***ing changed.

/weird metaphor

I believe this is a bagless vacuum we are using

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:21 AM)
Not everybody likes Stewart nearly that much. And he's still a soon to be 25 year old in AA. Really, now that we're not all mad, this isn't a terrible trade though, although I still think it's bad.

Hes already pitched in the majors this season and did quite well in his lone start. He was brought up to replace Drabek when he got moved back down. I would not read too much into the fact that he is in AA given the pitchers that TOR has at AAA coupled with the park that they play in.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Law always favors Blue Jays prospects...Baseball America has never listed Zach Stewart in their top 100, even before this year's disappointing season.

BA did have him as the Blue Jays #1 in 09, and #5 in 10.

I love that quote by Kenny" I dont care if a guy is making 400 thousand dollars or 12 million dollars" He just wants the best guys out there. Its not Ozzie's problem to worry about the contract he said its his problem to worry about it.