Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
So, Frasor is a very good lefty reliever, correct? He's under contract for how long and for how much?

The White Sox now have a 5 man rotation going forward.

Is Zach Stewart a starting pitching prospect? How highly rated is he? Where does he project for the White Sox?

Frasor is a righty.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:18 PM)
Or that Sale could be moved into the rotation if other starters are sent packing.

sale would need to be stretched out big time in the minors. he wouldnt be a starter until next year.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
We also arent done.

And lets say this money allows us the flexibility to bring back Buehrle, that would be a nice bonus. However I believe that we are in for alot more movement based on what happens this afternoon.

What else happens?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
As they certainly should be; LaRussa's done a fine job with that team, but the Rasmus situation has been a complete joke this year. His personal vendetta cost them a lot here.

Secondly, the White Sox, had they prioritized winning baseball, could have had Rasmus for a similar sweetheart deal. There's no reason not to toss them Thornton and Reed and enjoy a future built around Colby Rasmus, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, and even Carlos Quentin.

Thornton, Jackson, and Reed would have been a pretty steap price.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
We also arent done.

And lets say this money allows us the flexibility to bring back Buehrle, that would be a nice bonus. However I believe that we are in for alot more movement based on what happens this afternoon.

What else happens?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:15 PM)
As they certainly should be; LaRussa's done a fine job with that team, but the Rasmus situation has been a complete joke this year. His personal vendetta cost them a lot here.

Secondly, the White Sox, had they prioritized winning baseball, could have had Rasmus for a similar sweetheart deal. There's no reason not to toss them Thornton and Reed and enjoy a future built around Colby Rasmus, Dayan Viciedo, Gordon Beckham, and even Carlos Quentin.

Lash out at Jerry or the players. Jerry gave the sell order, and the players are the ones who sucked.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
sale would need to be stretched out big time in the minors. he wouldnt be a starter until next year.

He prepared during the offseason to be a starter. Came to camp ready to compete for the rotation. So, I don't think the transition would be huge.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:22 PM)
He prepared during the offseason to be a starter. Came to camp ready to compete for the rotation. So, I don't think the transition would be huge.

The off-season and camp were a long time ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:20 PM)
Thornton, Jackson, and Reed would have been a pretty steap price.

See, I disagree. Jackson wasn't coming back, Thornton is overpriced, and Reed is still an unknown commodity. I think Cards liked the Toronto package more cause they'll get more draft picks out of it and Rz is better than Thornton for the cost.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Lash out at Jerry or the players. Jerry gave the sell order, and the players are the ones who sucked.

Yes, don't lash out at the person who put together the team.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
What else happens?

There are more moves being made, especially depending on what happens today.

Also, at least we arent the f***ing Cards. What a bad haul for a guy with POTENTIAL to be good. I know they have a replacement in the wings, but you would have though you could get more than Dotel and CPat as throw ins. Rasmus should have netted a top 2 prospect.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)

the whole spend $125 million on payroll was just stupid. sox fans dont come out when cold and we dont come out when the team is mediocre which both happened again this year. a $100 million payroll is where it should be and have flexibility to bump it up if the team is good come summer time. unfortunately we are saddled with rios, dunn, peavy making near $40 million of that amount. it is going to be a tough future for the sox the next few years unless those major pieces turn it around.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
There are more moves being made, especially depending on what happens today.

Also, at least we arent the f***ing Cards. What a bad haul for a guy with POTENTIAL to be good. I know they have a replacement in the wings, but you would have though you could get more than Dotel and CPat as throw ins. Rasmus should have netted a top 2 prospect.

This better mean they know they can bring back Pujols next year.

At least we got rid of Teahen.

It's funny how badly we wanted to get rid of Jackson. Very strange we got no bats for him.

I understand the contract situation, but the team really seemed intent on dumping Edwin.

Coop must think he's a bum. After all, we are 'all-in' and we dumped a guy we at one point acquired to help us win the pennant allegedly.

My conclusions.

- We still need offense, not pitching.

- Coop must be convinced Humber is good.

- Thank God Teahen is gone. He'll probably start hitting now but I don't care.

- I would think Thornton is next. I can't imagine anybody giving up much for him any more. I mean he gets hit now. Like last night with that meatball on the single up the middle.

- Rasmus sounds like Rios to me. I am not mad we didn't get him. Dull trade. I can't see how anybody thinks this trade helps us much. I guess the righty reliever can ease the workload on Crain and the lefty can replace Matt.

Edited by greg775