Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

I'm sure this has been mentioned on here, but re: the Rasmus deal, what about the Pujols perspective? If Rasmus is pissing off Albert then dealing Rasmus off is a no brainer. Maybe the thinking there was this deal makes the Cards a bit likelier to make the playoffs while appeasing TLR and Albert? If so, good job Cards.

I love how some idiotic know-it-all fans try to judge every single move in a talent vacuum. Does anyone really think that the heads of that multi-million dollar professional baseball factory over there in St. Louis unilaterally believe that Colby Rasmus is a mediocre player with little to no future? Or that this deal is a great deal from a talent-for-talent standpoint?

Derr, I'm so smarte I reed Bassbol Perspecter n I no wen derr deels r badd. Derr.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Lets say we are dealing an all-star OF'er plus a good pen arm. What would be a good return?

Dom Brown and a pitching prospect. You don't give up Quentin and Thornton without getting back a MLB ready part and a top 100 prospect

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
I'm sure this has been mentioned on here, but re: the Rasmus deal, what about the Pujols perspective? If Rasmus is pissing off Albert then dealing Rasmus off is a no brainer. Maybe the thinking there was this deal makes the Cards a bit likelier to make the playoffs while appeasing TLR and Albert? If so, good job Cards.

I love how some idiotic know-it-all fans try to judge every single move in a talent vacuum. Does anyone really think that the heads of that multi-million dollar professional baseball factory over there in St. Louis unilaterally believe that Colby Rasmus is a mediocre player with little to no future? Or that this deal is a great deal from a talent-for-talent standpoint?

Derr, I'm so smarte I reed Bassbol Perspecter n I no wen derr deels r badd. Derr.

St. Louis is soooo smart. AA and TOR are dumbasses for sure. St. Louis never makes mistakes. Blah blah blah.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
Dom Brown and a pitching prospect. You don't give up Quentin and Thornton without getting back a MLB ready part and a top 100 prospect

Unless you're KW or Moz

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)

I would be fine with that return if you added in one more prospect.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)

Stark says the Phillies offered up Cosart, Singleton, and another mid level spect for Pence, so at least that if Thornton is going too. Maybe throw Biddle in the mix.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
Stewart is a decent, not great, prspect.

But this perspective you are taking is ridiculous. Yes, the Hudson/Jackson trade was bad. That has absolutely nothing to do with what decisions KW makes after the fact. Zero.

After reading through some of the scouting reports and putting together his AAP page, this guy is a solid get in this trade. Ceiling #2.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
After reading through some of the scouting reports and putting together his AAP page, this guy is a solid get in this trade. Ceiling #2.

Depends on who you ask. He's lost some luster. Law is the only one really high on him. KG sees him as a 4 at absolute best. More likely a reliever.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
Depends on who you ask. He's lost some luster. Law is the only one really high on him. KG sees him as a 4 at absolute best. More likely a reliever.

Yes that's right folks, we traded for a pitcher that Keith Law really likes. It's as controlled of an experiment as we can get. If Keith Law suddenly stops liking him...well, we'll know.

Anyway, he hasn't really lost luster because of anything he's done. He's lost "luster" because the Jays traded for guys like Kyle Drabek and that moved him down their list.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Yes that's right folks, we traded for a pitcher that Keith Law really likes. It's as controlled of an experiment as we can get. If Keith Law suddenly stops liking him...well, we'll know.

Keith Law's usually been wrong when it comes to White Sox prospects.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Keith Law's usually been wrong when it comes to White Sox prospects.

Not sure I'd say that. He basically hates everything the Sox ever do prospect wise, and the Sox haven't had a good system in a while, so by default, he's going to be right more than wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)

Anyway, he hasn't really lost luster because of anything he's done. He's lost "luster" because the Jays traded for guys like Kyle Drabek and that moved him down their list.

The Keith Law hate is so lame. This guy knows what he's talking about. Read his pieces or listen to his podcasts. He's not some imbecile who loves 29 other teams systems and makes it his mission from god to hate ours. EVERYBODY thinks our system sucks.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
The Keith Law hate is so lame. This guy knows what he's talking about. Read his pieces or listen to his podcasts. He's not some imbecile who loves 29 other teams systems and makes it his mission from god to hate ours. EVERYBODY thinks our system sucks.

So then his opinion of Stewart should not be discounted.

I don't mind this trade at all.

You have to put Hudson / Holmburg behind you and look at it for what it really is at present day:

Jackson + Teahen = Frasor + Stewart + ( potentially another arm from STL ) + DeAza / Viecedo - Rios.

There's a lot to like there.

1.) Frasor will lighten the load on the pen and will allow our pen to throw more innings incase Peavy and Humber continue to get worn out after 5IP.

2.) Teahen is gone this year and in 2012 + we retain the cash

3.) Stewart has a good arm and may prove to be a good starter in 2012

4.) It allows us a roster spot for DeAza / Viecedo

5.) Rios gets benched

6.) It's rumored that we get another arm from the Cards

What I don't like about the trade:

1.) Ozzie saying that he still wants to play Rios / that bringing up players is not a good way to motivate underperforming starters is asinine.

There's a lot more to like than not here and I think it might actually make us better in 2011... if Ozzie could learn how to manage his starters and bullpen that is. That, right there... is a big IF.

Good job bucket.