Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Frasor was on CTL tonight. Sounds like a genuine fellow.

Grew up a Cubs fan, but is excited to be with the Sox, back home, and can't wait to be in his first pennant race.

I hope he gets his wish on that last part.

Another southsider/south suburbanite who grew up a Cubs fan. Having a teddy bear for your mascot/logo really is sheer genius for reeling in the tots.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
The Sox have Frasor/Crain in the pen.

Cowley is pissed. Last night he said no way the rumor was true. He got scooped by a guy in his underwear in his mom's basement.

Joe cowardly strikes out more often than Adam Dunn against a lefty.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
@cst_Cowley

cst_Cowley

Breaking News: The city of Toronto wanted me thrown in the deal, but Chicago said, "No way, not Mr. Handsome.'' Sorry Toronto.

That's not douchey, not at all.

Translation: I f***ed up so to distract everyone from it, check out this "witty" retort!

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:23 PM)
Something is brewing, restovich was traded to Arizona, I know he's fooder but it keeps on opening spaces

I love this time of the season. The anticipation of what will happen between now and Sunday is message board heaven.

Just try to stay away, J4L. Betcha can't do it.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Getting Jackson for what he gave up and letting Jackson go for what he got seals it for me about Williams.

He'll never get another GM job.

Ok you got 1 year of Edwin Jackson, and 2 pitchers. One has a sub 3.00 era and the other is torontos 4th best prospect. Plus you got rid of Teahen. Now if we could package Dunn/Rios/$$$ and someone productive for prospects I'd be happy. I never liked the way this team was built, stacked full of ex Royals/Nationals/Blue Jays. Winning takes chemistry unless you got $$$ to over spend like Yanks/Phillies/Red Sox on true proven MVP/Cy Young type players. This team is built like the Cubs, and fails like the Cubs.

Edited by b-Rye

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:05 PM)
The other piece to this trade is De Aza. He's probably not all that good, but he did give the Sox the win today, and, more importantly, he gets Alex Rios off the field. If Dunn gets going, the Sox are in good shape.

They said in the postgame that de aza had one less RBI today than rios had in his last 110 abs

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
I love this time of the season. The anticipation of what will happen between now and Sunday is message board heaven.

Huh?

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)

He lasted as long as aj when the guy in front of him gets a four pitch walk.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)
I think we'll take 2 of 3 from BOS, only because we seem incapable of sweeping anyone and Ozzie is bound to leave Humber in there for 3 too many batters in a low scoring game against Lester. What does that do to the tradescape?

Didn't we sweep Boston in Boston?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
The Sox have Frasor/Crain in the pen.

Cowley is pissed. Last night he said no way the rumor was true. He got scooped by a guy in his underwear in his mom's basement.

This is hilarious. I get the humor of scoopin people now; haha gettin that ass scooped Cowley!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)
I think we'll take 2 of 3 from BOS, only because we seem incapable of sweeping anyone and Ozzie is bound to leave Humber in there for 3 too many batters in a low scoring game against Lester. What does that do to the tradescape?

IF we get those 2 of 3 from BOS, that will be 5 of 6 for the season. Hard to argue that we'd have NO chance in the playoffs if we can do that to the AL's best team.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:18 PM)

Great question. We're in such limbo in that regard right now. And you're right about the sweep thing. We have one three game sweep and no four game sweeps (although there are a couple of two game "mini-sweeps" against Cleveland in there) all year. When your offense isn't very good and the manager is an outright dope, it's just really hard to beat somebody three or four times in a row.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I read the 1st 50+ pages of this thread and have decided I like this move. Reasons A. We did not trade Viciedo. B. DeAza gave us a win already and Rios is benched. C. Since Humber and Peavy are in the rotation we need all the relief pitchers we can get. D. Pretty good pitching prospect hence provided minor league depth. E. Salary relief . F. Did not hurt team going forward and may actually have helped since we might 've been shut out today if not for DeAza. G. Now expect Thornton and his salary to be gone also and replaced by Santiago H. Expect Lillibridge to be gone also once Viciedo's thumb is better. I. Looking forward ,Sale is looking to be more of a starter next year especially if we move someone like Floyd, though if Floyd gets moved the rotation seems too thin to contend. So I don't really expect that to happen. J. We now have Frasor Crain so now we need Sam Malone.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
We need less Type-Sucks and more Type-Goods.

A few more tweaks Kenny, just a few more. Don't give up. Winners.

Will Ohman's having an excellent season. Lefties are hitting .200/.279/.309/.588 off him with a 4.00 k/bb and 32% of their PA against him end in a K. Overall he has a 1.18 WHIP and a 9.77 K/9, he's doing exactly what he was brought in to do.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
Will Ohman's having an excellent season. Lefties are hitting .200/.279/.309/.588 off him with a 4.00 k/bb and 32% of their PA against him end in a K. Overall he has a 1.18 WHIP and a 9.77 K/9, he's doing exactly what he was brought in to do.

First impressions are really a b****. There were folks here still berating Sale up until the last week or so.

April was a long time ago.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
I apologize if this has already been asked, but what do you think it would've taken for the Sox to have acquired Rasmus.

Jackson + ? + ? + ?

Primarily, IMO, just a stronger desire to have him here. I agree with those saying we're being extra careful with attitude issues after the Rios debacle. JR may have put his foot down.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Primarily, IMO, just a stronger desire to have him here. I agree with those saying we're being extra careful with attitude issues after the Rios debacle. JR may have put his foot down.

After seeing the actual Rasmus trade, I would agree with you. And I can't be mad if our organization feels Rasmus' character issues aren't worth it. You can certainly understand how they'd come to that conclusion.

Edited by whitesoxfan101