Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Sounds like someone KW would trade for these days. OTOH, I think KW has to ask for Teheran, and not budge. If they won't trade him, go elsewhere. See if Philly will part with Dom Brown, or Boston will part with top pitching. If the market is there, you have to get top talent for Quentin.

Boston has an elite catching prospect in AAA, btw

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:40 PM)
Sounds like someone KW would trade for these days. OTOH, I think KW has to ask for Teheran, and not budge. If they won't trade him, go elsewhere. See if Philly will part with Dom Brown, or Boston will part with top pitching. If the market is there, you have to get top talent for Quentin.

The Bravos are much more likely to be willing to do a 3 or 4 player for 1 swap than they are to give up their top guy. We've seen exactly that before, they gave up Andrus, Feliz, Matt "Hawk Harrelson adores me" Harrison, Saltalamaccia, and some dude named Beau Jones to get Teixeira as a 1.5 year rental...but they absolutely refused to part with Tommy Hanson, when Hanson alone might well have gotten that deal done.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
I'd swap Rios for Chone in a heartbeat

I am not sure I would even though I hate Rios with the heat of 1000 suns. If people b**** about Pierre, wait until they get a load of Figgins getting 600AB a year out of the leadoff spot for the next three years. Figgins makes Pierre look like Rickey Henderson.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Interesting...saw him pitch last year against Cubs and he looked dynamite. However, I think if you're trading Quentin, you have to get a lot more than him.

Apparently Teheran and Vizcaino are untouchable. Which leaves Minor and Delgado.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:37 PM)
LOL. I actually thought of that after he said it and I laughed and I wanted to make sure, same price.

Dude, when the lady said you could get two 6 inch subs and he responded with "what do you mean", I knew we had the real thing with this guy.

The bottom line is -based on the conversation between him and the cook- price consideration was the last thing on his mind.

Sounds like a prime candidate for the beating of the week.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Interesting...saw him pitch last year against Cubs and he looked dynamite. However, I think if you're trading Quentin, you have to get a lot more than him.

From my buddy: i've seen a lot more of his games than most, and i can safely say i have never, ever, ever in my life seen a pitcher with stuff as bad as his be successful at the major leaguye level

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
Hmm. Do tell.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/players/107674/ryan-lavarnway

No International League catcher has been as hot as Pawtucket's Ryan Lavarnway since he joined the Triple-A circuit on June 13. That's really saying something for a league that includes high-end prospects such as Scranton/Wilkes-Barre's Jesus Montero and Louisville's Devin Mesoraco.

The 23-year-old Lavarnway mashed his 10th Triple-A home run yesterday (in just his 31st game) as part of a 3-for-3 showing that also included a double (11th), a walk and three RBIs. He served as DH in the game (won by Pawtucket against Lehigh Valley 4-1) as Luis Exposito, another Red Sox catching prospect, started behind the plate.

Over the course of the past 10 days, Lavarnway has gone 15-for-27 (.556) with five homers and four doubles. His 1.859 OPS tops any other player in the full-season minors in that time. But Lavarnway's excellence at the plate goes beyond just the past few weeks. He earned a promotion from Double-A Portland by hitting .284/.360/.510 in 55 games for the Sea Dogs, for whom he hit 14 home runs. So with 24 combined homers, Lavarnway can reach 30 if he stays hot down the stretch.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
If the Phillies are offering Brown AT ALL for Quentin, KW needs to immediately agree and sign whatever needs to be signed.

The problem seems to be that the Phillies #1 target is Pence, while the Quentin is #1 on the Braves radar.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
Apparently Teheran and Vizcaino are untouchable. Which leaves Minor and Delgado.

I'm not that interested in Minor. His big trait is "pitchability" and while that can work out, I like guys with dazzling stuff, especially if Quentin is as in demand as is being hinted at.

Minor is a lot like Buehrle from a stuff perspective. I don't know whether Minor will have the ridiculous ability to locate and keep guys off balance, like Buehrle has.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:54 PM)
I'm not that interested in Minor. His big trait is "pitchability" and while that can work out, I like guys with dazzling stuff, especially if Quentin is as in demand as is being hinted at.

Minor is a lot like Buehrle from a stuff perspective. I don't know whether Minor will have the ridiculous ability to locate and keep guys off balance, like Buehrle has.

Ya, please no.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)

Straight fastball, good slider, good control, won't top 92. Continuously working on his changeup and slider.

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
FWIW:

JeffSchultzAJC

Jeff Schultz

Frank Wren, Bruce Manno came downstairs, talked to Fredi Gonzalez for 5 mins, went straight back to office. That's all I know. #Braves

How crazy would it be to have a deadline deal for Ozzie done?

If the Sox get a couple of the Braves pitching prospects, some of which are knocking on the door, it could clear the way for the Sox to move Danks now. That is if they feel the value they could get from the Yankees at the deadline will be greater than what they can get during the off-season.