Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
Kenny might be getting forced to look to the next 3-4 years because of the incredible hand he's holding at the Poker table, this might be his only chance to truly build a contender

gut feeling: kenny's getting really good offers and he's using his brain instead of his heart, this isnt a WS team, lets be real

Neither were the '06 Cards, or last year's Giants, or the '03 Marlins... I'm sure I could go on. If you have pitching you can win in the postseason, and we have lots of pitching still.

And I don't think Kenny is looking 3-4 years down the road. I doubt Kenny is going to deal off CQ unless he is getting some great offers, and the great offer guys are likely going to be those whom Kenny sees in the bigs within a year's time, if not right now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
If you get someone with a "bowled over" type offer for Quentin - you take it.

Then, you start looking into trading 2 more starters.

You DON'T STOP at Quentin if someone knocks down your door to get it.

You use that opportunity as a spring board into a true youth movement... and if this is the direction they are truly going - it makes me sad to see us not being able to pick up Colby.

However, it's a wait and see game because hell - who knows, we might have had to give up Jackson + Sale + Thornton + Spects to get him and... **** that.

Give me Julio Teheran, Randall Delgado, and Carlos Perez from ATL for Quentin and Thornton.

Then try to gut Boston or New York by dumping off Danks + Rios + Cash.

Too bad STL got Jackson + from TOR - or it'd be prime time to gut them for M56.

Bottom line is this - if Quentin goes... sell the ****ing whole lot and stack the house for 2013/2014.

Totally not happening.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Totally not happening.

Of course it won't :D

I'm just trying to illustrate a point - try and gut a team for Q and then move on and keep trading off valuable pieces.

If not, don't trade Q and stand pat.

Looks like Hunter Pence is off the table now.

Let the fight for Quentin begin.

Philly VS. Atlanta...

*ding* *ding*

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
If you get someone with a "bowled over" type offer for Quentin - you take it.

Then, you start looking into trading 2 more starters.

You DON'T STOP at Quentin if someone knocks down your door to get it.

You use that opportunity as a spring board into a true youth movement... and if this is the direction they are truly going - it makes me sad to see us not being able to pick up Colby.

However, it's a wait and see game because hell - who knows, we might have had to give up Jackson + Sale + Thornton + Spects to get him and... **** that.

Give me Julio Teheran, Randall Delgado, and Carlos Perez from ATL for Quentin and Thornton.

Then try to gut Boston or New York by dumping off Danks + Rios + Cash.

Too bad STL got Jackson + from TOR - or it'd be prime time to gut them for M56.

Bottom line is this - if Quentin goes... sell the ****ing whole lot and stack the house for 2013/2014.

Hahahaha.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:28 PM)
Of course it won't :D

I'm just trying to illustrate a point - try and gut a team for Q and then move on and keep trading off valuable pieces.

If not, don't trade Q and stand pat.

Looks like Hunter Pence is off the table now.

Let the fight for Quentin begin.

Philly VS. Atlanta...

*ding* *ding*

Pence isn't off the table. It's becoming more and more likely he's dealt.

The Braves are "desperate" for an outfield bat, but Quentin may cost multiple top prospects, according to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com.

I don't think that ATL is stupid enough to give us Teheran but maybe - just maybe - we get 3 of their top 15 prospects.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Pence isn't off the table. It's becoming more and more likely he's dealt.

There's a lot of conflicting information out there.

The Braves are the last team in on Pence, tweets SI's Jon Heyman. The Phillies "seem to have all but given up" on Pence after their big offer was rejected.

it appears Pence will remain with Houston until the offseason at least.

Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (Twitter links). There's a better than 50/50 chance of a deal.

Source tells FOXSports.com it is now more likely than not that Hunter Pence will be dealt by Sunday.

You never know what's going to happen during this time of year.

It's awesome.

Edited by hi8is

Pence will be dealt. There's no way Houston can not deal him if they're getting offers like what is being reported a full 3 days out from the deadline.

It seems the Phils are trying to beat the Braves to the punch. If I'm Kenny, I'm trying to make a deal *before* Pence goes because that may be when the price is highest. The BlowSux like to offer junk, but the Braves and Phils pay premiums... and if one doesn't have to bid against the other, the price may drop IMO.

So, if the Astros are turning down high offers now hoping that they can get even more 3 days from now, I'm jumping in and taking what the 'Stros are turning down now. Then we'll see how serious Houston is about unloading Pence.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Apparently HOU turned down Brown/Singleton/Cosart AND another prospect for Pence. WTF.

We'll take that. We'll gladly take that. PLEASE OFFER US THAT FOR QUENTIN!

Yeah that's done right this second with KW. That gets them Thornton too.

Not sure I believe that though. Could just be junk in the media.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Apparently HOU turned down Brown/Singleton/Cosart AND another prospect for Pence. WTF.

We'll take that. We'll gladly take that. PLEASE OFFER US THAT FOR QUENTIN!

Yeah, but I'd rather have Pence than Quentin. No way the Sox get offered a package of even 2 of those 3 guys, let alone all 3 plus another prospect.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)
What's the end game though? We make the playoffs and get mounted by the Yankees or Red Sox? Even if we make the playoffs, we're not doing anything.

Says who? Did the 2006 Cardinals look like world-beaters during the regular season? How about the 2003 Marlins?

When you get to the playoffs, everyone's 0-0 again. What happened earlier in the year doesn't matter anymore. Any team can reverse its trajectory at that point.

We lack an ace. We're an awful clutch hitting team. We can't make things happen on the bases.

We have Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, and Peavy in our rotation. That's a strong rotation and more than good enough to compete in the playoffs. Pitching is the key to winning in the playoffs and we have plenty of that.

The 2005 team had a horrible overall OBP, yet still managed to win a championship. Hell, look at the Giants offense last year. Once Dunn and Rios begin to hit closer to their career averages, this team will begin to score more runs.

I'd rather rebuild. It looks to be inevitable at this point. We actually have a nice core to build around. Let's see what happens with some kids.

If you're going to give up while three games out in late July, then what in the heck is the point of even trying?

If the Sox give up now, they're telling their fan base that they're not serious about winning. Remember all of the empty seats at the Cell in 1998 and 1999? Good luck competing in 2013 and 2014 with no gate revenue after White Flag II.

Edited by WCSox