The latest Phil about Kenny

kitekrazy

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,4988312.story

The odd thing is he believes the North Side 3b is going to come to the South Side.

While his own farm system has regressed year after year, Williams has helped the Padres, Blue Jays, Royals and Diamondbacks rebuild.

I agree with the first part. But the latter, I have to ask are the Royals ever going to stop rebuilding?

Kenny quote from today:

"Here's what I told Ozzie: 'Do not worry about the size of the contracts,'" Williams said. "Just worry about putting the players out there on a given day that can help him win. The size of the contract is not Ozzie's problem. It's not [owner] Jerry [Reinsdorf's] problems. It's not the coaches' problems. That's my problem."

The Chairman may have coughed up his breakfast reading this.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:32 PM)
Kenny quote from today:

"Here's what I told Ozzie: 'Do not worry about the size of the contracts,'" Williams said. "Just worry about putting the players out there on a given day that can help him win. The size of the contract is not Ozzie's problem. It's not [owner] Jerry [Reinsdorf's] problems. It's not the coaches' problems. That's my problem."

Only 2 months late.....

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Aramis Ramirez here would be more of the same that we've done for the last few years. Get a good veteran well past his prime. Pass

Ramirez's offensive numbers this year are actually slightly above his career norms. Past his prime? He's had lingering injury problems until this year.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 07:32 PM)

I suspect that Jerry actually appreciates this.

It's called integrity and is a very valued trait in the professional world.

Not to sound condescending or anything - I'm just saying.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Ramirez's offensive numbers this year are actually slightly above his career norms. Past his prime? He's had lingering injury problems until this year.

3rd highest wOBA of any 3B in the game this season, right behind #2 and well ahead of #4. You can say what you want about his D but his last 2 months have put him right there with the elite 3B in the game offensively (Youk and A-Rod).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
3rd highest wOBA of any 3B in the game this season, right behind #2 and well ahead of #4. You can say what you want about his D but his last 2 months have put him right there with the elite 3B in the game offensively (Youk and A-Rod).

He fits the bill of a huge offensive upgrade where we need it most, and it's only a rental plus buyout. Wouldn't shock me.

It's certainly an "all-in" move, though I can see aforementioned flip-side as it's another quick fix/band-aid.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:06 PM)
I suspect that Jerry actually appreciates this.

It's called integrity and is a very valued trait in the professional world.

Not to sound condescending or anything - I'm just saying.

I don't disagree. I'm one of the few still in KW's corner. Just thought the wording might get an eye-roll or chuckle from the guy who actually writes the checks.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)
I don't disagree. I'm one of the few still in KW's corner. Just thought the wording might get an eye-roll or chuckle from the guy who actually writes the checks.

Ah, got ya.

You never know how someone will perceive another, right? :D

Cheers

Yeah, we all know about Richard, Hudson and Gio. Blah, blah, blah.

But to include Chris Getz as someone we'd actually want on our team is really pushing it. Royals' fans don't even want him on their roster.

At least today, we made steps in erasing (partially) the Teahen and Rios mistakes.

That only leaves Peavy and Dunn to perform up to expectations. Two very big if's, obviously. And Rios can just pout all he wants until Opening Day, 2012.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 08:34 PM)
Aramis Ramirez here would be more of the same that we've done for the last few years. Get a good veteran well past his prime. Pass

The hitting on both sides of town mirror each other. They all shut down at once. Wasn't that hitting coach from the Rangers suppose to do wonders?

Just think if Fukadome signed with the Sox. He would be another Alex Rios.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 12:35 AM)
Yeah, we all know about Richard, Hudson and Gio. Blah, blah, blah.

But to include Chris Getz as someone we'd actually want on our team is really pushing it. Royals' fans don't even want him on their roster.

Yeah, I was wondering what he's done to build the Royals' system. I'm trying to think of the best piece he sent them. Daniel Cortes? Remember the posts about that guy?

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:03 AM)
Yeah, I was wondering what he's done to build the Royals' system. I'm trying to think of the best piece he sent them. Daniel Cortes? Remember the posts about that guy?

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_...ype='R'

His only appearance of the season was against us, for the M's.

Amusingly, he was replaced by former Sox hurler DJ Carrasco....oops, Jeff Gray, I mean.

He was once a consensus top 40-80 minor league prospect as a starter. He did look pretty decent against us, but he just never developed the full repertoire of pitches needed to have success with the Royals, and that's saying A LOT.