Your Game 1 Starter in Playoffs

Marty34

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
I actually agree with you but he's shown through 70 pitches that he can still be a very effective pitcher. Maybe(huge maybe) if he can build up some arm strength he can at least be a viable option come playoff time.

Also, the one guarantee if we did indeed make the playoffs is that Ozzie would not throw Danks and Mark back to back.

I don't ever remember that being done intentionally.

QUOTE (since56 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
playoffs?!?!?? What the hell? Who starts next in Jackson's spot and then who starts when Peavy goes back on the dl?

Actually the playoffs isn't that far of a reach. We have been mediocre at best all year long and we are only 3.5 games back. We are 5-2 vs NY and Boston this year thusfar and our pitching has been pretty solid all season. If some how, some way they go on a 9-10 game winning streak, the division is all for the taking. We could have easily swept Detroit and it'll be interesting to see how they do vs Boston and New York.

At first I wanted them to sell high and trade TCQ. But now I just want them to ride this thing out and see where it takes them. TCQ has been one of our only sources of offense since the ASB. If anything, his value will still be high in the offseason, so KW can wheel and deal then.

Oh and if we some how make the playoffs (God willing). My rotation would be: Buerhle, Floyd, Danks and Peavy (for 5 innings) with Humber being the emergency back up. Floyd seems to be getting back on track and if he gets hot now, we are in great shape!