Tigers Looking for SP

hi8is

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
"The Rays were stymied by a Furbush/Fister combo"

:crying

DKnobler DKnobler

by mlbtraderumors

Furbush is expected to go to Seattle in deal for Fister (with others). Tigers trying to get reliever (not League), too

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully showcasing means something different, like what happened to Bedard last night.

You'd have to think it's likely to backfire, although the Angels aren't exactly a bruising offense, either.

So Turner gets the start against Haren over Look Out/8 Degrees BELOW?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
:crying

DKnobler DKnobler

by mlbtraderumors

Furbush is expected to go to Seattle in deal for Fister (with others). Tigers trying to get reliever (not League), too

Furbush STYMIED, DPed and FISTed in his attempt to join Brandon League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

That's for Fathom.

Yesterday when the rumors that the Rockies wanted Scherzer + Turner for Ubaldo, I just laughed. Scherzer is arguably as good as Ubaldo right now. They are both the same age. Even if Ubaldo is better, it's not appreciably better for the Tigers to include Turner. Rockies are idiots, and probably won't trade him cuz they have an over inflated perception of how good he is.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
Yesterday when the rumors that the Rockies wanted Scherzer + Turner for Ubaldo, I just laughed. Scherzer is arguably as good as Ubaldo right now. They are both the same age. Even if Ubaldo is better, it's not appreciably better for the Tigers to include Turner. Rockies are idiots, and probably won't trade him cuz they have an over inflated perception of how good he is.

With the contract he has, I have no problem with them asking for hte moon.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)

The Rockies are doing exactly what they should do. He's under team control through 2014. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for them to trade him aside from getting a mind-boggling haul.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
According to reports, the Rockies want four major league or near major league ready players for Ubaldo. That is most definitely not us. I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers made a play. They're the only team with the system and the need for a clear-cut #1 starter.

Beckham, Sale, Santos, Viciedo. That's 4 major league/near major league players.

DKnobler DKnobler

To recap on Tigers, Turner starts today, then back to minors. They'll get Fister and Pauley from Sea for Furbush, Wells plus. #tradedeadline

12 minutes ago

DKnobler DKnobler

Tigers are also expected to send AA 3B Francisco Martinez to Sea in Fister-Pauley deal. Martinez is a top prospect. #tradedeadline

1 minute ago

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Purcey out, Pauley in.

LOL

They still have 2-3 holes in that bullpen of theirs.

Pauley, Al Al, Benoit, Valverde, Coke?

Still think if they can get anything from Porcello and Fister the rest of the way, the division is theirs with relative ease.

You're assuming Verlander stays healthy.

Maybe he will. Just wonder how much wear and tear that arm can take? Penny's been getting hit hard in the early innings of nearly every start these past 2-3 weeks.

And Valverde's been getting by with smoke and mirrors all season. His stuff isn't like Doug Jones, but he's not as good as Santos will eventually be.

And Ryan Perry/Zumaya falling off the map has hurt a bit.

And I'll take Frasor/Crain over Benoit any day of the week.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
Pauley, Al Al, Benoit, Valverde, Coke?

Still think if they can get anything from Porcello and Fister the rest of the way, the division is theirs with relative ease.

Relative ease?

No way.

Their offense is better than ours, if you assume Dunn will suck for the remainder of the year, but we are a much more well-rounded team than Detroit.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Relative ease?

No way.

Their offense is better than ours, if you assume Dunn will suck for the remainder of the year, but we are a much more well-rounded team than Detroit.

How are we more well-rounded? Relying on Peavy and Humber the rest of the way is very scary, and their offense is so much better, it negates any starting pitching advantage we have (IMO, of course). Anyone know how their schedule is the rest of the way?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
How are we more well-rounded? Relying on Peavy and Humber the rest of the way is very scary, and their offense is so much better, it negates any starting pitching advantage we have (IMO, of course). Anyone know how their schedule is the rest of the way?

Regardless of what you think of Peavy/Humber, our team ERA is 3.64, while theirs is 4.26.

Obviously their offense has been better than ours to this point, but we're underperforming, while they just have a lack of pitching.

If I were a betting man, and I don't know how good of an idea that is after the fiasco Tuesday evening ;), I would take the White Sox over Detroit based on the pitching, whether Detroit adds Fister or not.