Trayce Thompson

oldsox

I'm just guessing, but usually the players in the AFL are coming from either Winston-Salem or Birmingham.

You'd have to guess that Thompson's at least one more season from that level...especially striking out 33% of the time at KANNY.

Much more likely you'd see Mitchell or even Keenyn Walker (coming out of JUCO ball) than Thompson. Maybe Short or Saladino. Kuhn's a possibility. Jose Martinez, it's not like we're flush with hitting prospects in the minors.

Don't want to waste those developmental spots anymore on the likes of Flowers/Danks/Milledge/DeAza. Viciedo needs to keep improving in the outfield, but he might be due some time off to recover after a long season where he's battled through a couple of injuries.

Escobar's another good possibility, just to see more of his hitting, although most of the Hispanic players play winter ball SOMEWHERE.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 06:41 AM)
Much more likely you'd see Mitchell or even Keenyn Walker (coming out of JUCO ball) than Thompson. Maybe Short or Saladino. Kuhn's a possibility. Jose Martinez, it's not like we're flush with hitting prospects in the minors.

Don't want to waste those developmental spots anymore on the likes of Flowers/Danks/Milledge/DeAza. Viciedo needs to keep improving in the outfield, but he might be due some time off to recover after a long season where he's battled through a couple of injuries.

Escobar's another good possibility, just to see more of his hitting, although most of the Hispanic players play winter ball SOMEWHERE.

I'd bet you don't see Walker there this year. Walker just got drafted, he would likely get dominated in the AFL. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to keep repeating this, but Walker was not a first round pick. Don't put first round pick expectations on him.

Escobar played the AFL and did well last year so he could be a candidate, but I doubt it. The other guys you named fit, especially Saladino because he missed a month+ with an injury.