Ubaldo Jimenez headed to Cleveland

Kalapse

TroyRenck Troy Renck, Rockies

by mlbtraderumors

I know pomeranz and white are in deal if goes down. Don't know if mcbride replaces kipnis. Kipnis playing tonight

TroyRenck Troy Renck, Rockies

by mlbtraderumors

Hearing deal is done

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this was Ubaldo 2010 I'd be scared, but they gave up their top guys for a guy you don't know if it's just a bump in the road or last season was an aberration... Plus switching to the AL, that's a lot to give up.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
If this was Ubaldo 2010 I'd be scared, but they gave up their top guys for a guy you don't know if it's just a bump in the road or last season was an aberration... Plus switching to the AL, that's a lot to give up.

Other than the small dip in velocity (he's still hittin' 94 consistently), there's nothing not to like about Ubaldo. He immediately becomes the second best pitcher in the central.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:06 PM)
Other than the small dip in velocity (he's still hittin' 94 consistently), there's nothing not to like about Ubaldo. He immediately becomes the second best pitcher in the central.

The White Sox are waiving the white flag due to This trade if they don't do anything. They don't have to trade Q to wave it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
So the Rockies top arms are now Maztek, Pomeranz and White. Damn.

Matzek is a complete and utter mess. Go look at his numbers. It shocked the hell out of me when I saw them earlier this season.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
Matzek is a complete and utter mess. Go look at his numbers. It shocked the hell out of me when I saw them earlier this season.

I know. He'd probably walk me if I faced him. 12.5 BB/9 is unheard of. But he's 20, left-handed, and the stuff is legit. He's gotta get those walks under control.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)

Matzek mechanics are out of whack-walking everybody and only throwing 88-90mph. Value has gone way done

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
so the indians get jimenez and possibly going to get ludwick too, tigers get fister , twins about to possibly get storen..nice :unsure:

Well, taking away Span from the Twins and Ludwick from the Braves, both of those I'd consider things that help up.

Storen to the Twins just means we can sign nathan this offseason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Well, taking away Span from the Twins and Ludwick from the Braves, both of those I'd consider things that help up.

Storen to the Twins just means we can sign nathan this offseason.

i think storen will help them more than span , reviere(sp) seems like a similar player. nathan?

well hoepfully the braves will want cq now

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 07:37 PM)
Ubaldo apparently still warming up. This trade is not done.

This is bizarre. I just checked my twitter feed and I see this from Passen:

Just confirmed @TroyRenck report that LHP Drew Pomeranz, RHP Alex White and 1B Matt McBride will be Colorado's package for Ubaldo Jimenez.

and right above that is this from Nightengale:

#mlb #Rockies Jimenez going down to bullpen to warm up...Apparently, not scratched yet.

Very interesting, I added a question mark to the thread title.