Sox looking for a starter

Baron

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
It's just the way Rosenthal worded his tweet that makes it sound like KW just realized that trading Jackson thinned out his starting staff. That's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Yeah this idea must have been festering in Kenny's mind for some time. This just didnt come up today.

I agree with all of this.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
No. That is what was suggested by you:

Hah Yeah Rosenthal worded it that way. But after thinking about it thats not the case. So is my opinion your opinion now?

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
It's just the way Rosenthal worded his tweet that makes it sound like KW just realized that trading Jackson thinned out his starting staff. That's ridiculous.

I actually agree, there's just no way in hell Kenny thought all was fine and dandy until the 5th inning of today's game. He has some sort of convoluted plan afoot here.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
Hah Yeah Rosenthal worded it that way. But after thinking about it thats not the case. So is my opinion your opinion now?

If the sox are looking for a starter, its as you said. I guess its that part of the rumor that suggests kenny was a mindless idiot who flipped back and forth that I found unbelievable.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
If the sox are looking for a starter, its as you said. I guess its that part of the rumor that suggests kenny was a mindless idiot who flipped back and forth that I found unbelievable.

Yeah and after thinking about it thats silly like I said.

It would be ridiculous for Jerry to let Kenny try to add anything to this team. Jerry should be insisting that he start unloading.

This team wasn't going to win the division before Detroit and Cleveland loaded up on talent. Now, there is no chance that this lifeless team of dogs is suddenly going to miraculously and inexplicably catch fire for the next 2 months.

If the sox did add a SP via trade, maybe their old friends in KC would be a fit with Bruce Chen. Nothing great, but he'd eat innings, which is what the sox would need to keep Peavy, Humber and Mark all fresh. Chen projects as a type B FA. With him making only $2 mill, the sox could offer him ARB. Not sure what the asking price would be. KC writer says teams are calling about Francis, Chen and Davies and expect to deal. Chen got lit up vs. BOS last outing, but had done well prior to that.

http://twitter.com/#!/Royals_Report/st...445061008175105

The sox still play KC 10 more games, with 3 more series vs. them. You figure Chen could get 3 starts vs. the Sox. They certainly haven't done well vs. him, only getting 2 runs in 14 innings. Those 3 games could be huge going down the stretch.

Edited by beck72

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#WhiteSox seeking rotation depth. Traded Jackson to save money, now concerned they're too thin. #tradedeadline #MLB

Whats Kenny up to

I don't think he just realized this was a potenial issue. Saying that, if they do add a pitcher, it may just be a long reliever from the bullpen.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 11:04 PM)
Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal

#WhiteSox seeking rotation depth. Traded Jackson to save money, now concerned they're too thin. #tradedeadline #MLB

Whats Kenny up to

is Captain Chaos back?

I assume he's trying to get more for Quentin and/or Thornton but I don't think he has the testicular fortitude to trade them now. They aren't going to get a great deal and the fans will revolt (more then they already have.)

Bob

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
They should absolutely be concerned with their rotation depth. If they don't deal for a starter, does this signal Sale moving to the rotation?

For next year. Stewart would be the replacement this year, it seems.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 10:49 AM)
If the sox did add a SP via trade, maybe their old friends in KC would be a fit with Bruce Chen. Nothing great, but he'd eat innings, which is what the sox would need to keep Peavy, Humber and Mark all fresh. Chen projects as a type B FA. With him making only $2 mill, the sox could offer him ARB. Not sure what the asking price would be. KC writer says teams are calling about Francis, Chen and Davies and expect to deal. Chen got lit up vs. BOS last outing, but had done well prior to that.

http://twitter.com/#!/Royals_Report/st...445061008175105

The sox still play KC 10 more games, with 3 more series vs. them. You figure Chen could get 3 starts vs. the Sox. They certainly haven't done well vs. him, only getting 2 runs in 14 innings. Those 3 games could be huge going down the stretch.

Humber appears done as more than a 4 inning guy this season.

Say no to Chen. He basically shut us down twice and did little against anybody else.

Same as Teahen Theory.

Take him away from the opponent and the opportunity to beat you 18 times per season, that ends up benefitting you.

Certainly, giving up Thome to the Twins and NOT having him on the Sox last year would be a much more dramatic example. But you just know we'd end up facing Chen 2-3 more times in 2011 and losing at least a couple of them. Just the way this season is going.