Brad Ziegler to the Dbacks

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Sounds like they really like this kid. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=502671 And rightly so...

Yeah, saw him play in person, definitely a future stud. So, that makes three players that the White Sox have traded to Arizona that have then been traded to Oakland.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Sounds like they really like this kid. http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...&pid=502671 And rightly so...

Dude has crushed since he got signed.

18 HR in 2009 in 74 games (HR every 15.9 AB)

35 HR in 2010 in 138 games (HR every 15 AB)

30 HR in 2011 in 103 games (HR every 12.2 AB)

Guy has increased his HR rates, increased his walk rate by a ton, and cut down his K rate.

In about 2 full seasons worth of games, he has 83 HR, 90 doubles, 264 RBI, batting .317 with a 1.026 OPS.

GUY IS A MONSTER.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
Really dude, tell me more reasons why Tony Pena is good. I'm anxious to hear them.

More? I don't think there is one.

But I don't like that since we traded a fringe prospect for a crappy reliever we idolize the damn prospect. He should have been a throw in for an attempt or A-Gon, or Doc, or whoever else wanted but didn't have bullets for. Same for Hudson.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
More? I don't think there is one.

But I don't like that since we traded a fringe prospect for a crappy reliever we idolize the damn prospect. He should have been a throw in for an attempt or A-Gon, or Doc, or whoever else wanted but didn't have bullets for. Same for Hudson.

Hudson was/is a fringe prospect?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)

geez-us...I guess! future STUD! Yard off Lincecum tonight!

Ya know...I've been out in PHX for quite a while and have never warmed up the the DBags...except for this year. Young team. Lots of really no-names...but these guys compete. Really makes me jealous watching them to tell you the truth (plus knowing what's in their farm). Makes me long for some real leadership from the front office and coaching staff.

Edited by Wanne

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:44 AM)
Hudson was/is a fringe prospect?

I meant that Hudson should have been thrown in a deal for a star player. My bad. I really did like Huddy.

But hearing about Brandon Allen like he's the best thing ever gets annoying.