Who Do You Dislike More?

shago

Who Do You Dislike More  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Adam Dunn or Alex Rios

• Adam Dunn
    • Alex Rios

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
de·spite

preposition /diˈspīt/ 

Without being affected by; in spite of

- he remains a great leader despite age and infirmity

de·spise

verb /diˈspīz/ 

Feel contempt or a deep repugnance for

- he despised himself for being stupid

Just sayin'

Congrats. You caught a typo. :bang

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
de·spite

preposition /diˈspīt/ 

Without being affected by; in spite of

- he remains a great leader despite age and infirmity

de·spise

verb /diˈspīz/ 

Feel contempt or a deep repugnance for

- he despised himself for being stupid

Just sayin'

LAME

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Ditto. At least Dunn is trying out there. Can't stand a player who is just lazy with the bat and on the field. Not to mention Dunn can take a walk as well (you know.. still get on base).

This.

Rios. I gave the guy a chance. He has all the gifts to be a great player. Just seems content on going through the motions.

It's one thing not to hit, but he's carrying it over into the outfield as well. :(

I don't see how he isn't benched yet. Tho I guess they have to treat him with kid gloves, cuz he's under contract for so long. :(

It's a shame I really can't think of any positive impact he's had on the club this year.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

The accountability issue is still the greatest concern for me.

How can Rios still be on the field with his play and his attitude?

The guy has a .244 OBP. How is that possible?

De Aza has his second consecutive great season at AAA, gets called up, and hits a homer in his first game, a game in which practically no one else did anything offensively.

The very next game Rios is back in CF and de Aza is on the bench, just because there was a LH starter for Boston.

That is not my idea of accountability.

I have no idea what the state of the Sox clubhouse is, but it probably isn't very good, and shouldn't be.

Not sure how you could "hate" Adam Dunn. Its not like he's a bad guy. He just isn't performing well. He has come out and said so himself. Alex Rios doesn't really give you a whole lot as a fan to root for.... Adam Dunn, at least, I am rooting for him to pull through his slump. Whereas with Rios, I want to see him taken out back and put out of his misery.

QUOTE (jenksfart @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
at soxtalk?

the dark skinned guy, of course.

I really wish I could take back all my rants about Brian Anderson over the years. Or Mark Teahen.

Because BA would look like Torii Hunter Jr. compared to Rios offensively the last three seasons (with the exception of 2-3 months of steady line drives in 2010).

APR 2011 480 OPS

MAY 2010 630 OPS

JUNE 2010 685 OPS

JULY 2010 382 OPS

APR 2010 796 OPS

MAY 2010 1.106 OPS

JUNE 2010 760 OPS

JULY 2010 735 OPS

AUG 2010 712 OPS

SEP 2010 645 OPS

AUG 2009 604 OPS

SEP 2009 480 OPS

Brian Anderson's Career OPS is 660.

Alex Rios has failed to produce that 660 OPS mark for 6 of his months playing for us (out of 12 total). And BA could have put up a 685 easily enough.

It's crazy to say we would have been better off keeping Anderson as our starting CFer, but financially, it would have made sense. In reality, something that to be done. But it's still maddening that we've reached this point of no return.

Fathom has pointed out numerous times the plan for him to be the leadoff hitter in 2012. If that happens, well...I just won't know what to say other than feeling sorry for any fans who actually choose to spend their hard-earned dollars attending the games in person.

It's hard for me to choose.

Obviously I despise Rios because of his laziness and fact he's stealing a paycheck.

But Dunn is a national embarrassment. He is so bad it makes a laughingstock of our franchise nationally.

To see a team walk a righty to get to a lefty with a righty pitcher is truly laughable.

I guess if I HAD to choose I'd say I hate Rios more. But it's pretty close to equal. Dunn is a bucket of suck to quote somebody's moniker on here.

When is the last time this happened to a franchise? I mean two key players going from good to absolutely horrible in the same season, without injuries?

These are guys in their primes, with pretty good career numbers, who seem to have simply forgotten how to play the game.

This has to be the most frustrating circumstance imagineable for them, management and the fans. It's one thing to lose a player to injury, but it's another altogether to suddenly lose two players to ineptitude.

There's nothing unusual about a slump, and almost every player has them, sooner or later. But, can you call 4 months a slump?

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
One video sums up Rios:

Now that's where you draw the line.

What a disgusting human being - he's lucky that my kid wasn't there.

It could have got real ugly.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)

Agreed. Alex Rios is a horrible baseball player and probably a horrible human being, at least that's what you get the feeling of after watching that video.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 03:12 AM)
Agreed. Alex Rios is a horrible baseball player and probably a horrible human being, at least that's what you get the feeling of after watching that video.

Ugh. I'm sick of having to defend this video all the time, but it's seriously not what is looks like. It's really unfortunate and unfair that Alex Rios' character is judged on this particular video.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 04:28 AM)
Ugh. I'm sick of having to defend this video all the time, but it's seriously not what is looks like. It's really unfortunate and unfair that Alex Rios' character is judged on this particular video.

same, not defending Rios as a Sox player, but information is out there regarding this video

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
This...at least Dunn cares.

I believe Rios actually believes whatever he is giving on the field is enough. he doesn't have a need to improve. While Dunn is actually working on his deficits. It seems funny to me that Dunn can go 1 for 5 and see his batting average rise. He may get back to over .200 he might actually have a better avg than Rios by years end. I think Ozzie needs to stop rewarding Alex with more playing time when he is not playing to his potential. It has been said that he could be a five tool player presently he is just a tool.

Edited by forrestg

Rios hands down. Dunn sucks right now, and has been the biggest disappointment in baseball, but you can see that the guy at least tries. Rios is a dog at the plate, in the field, and on the bases. At this point its between Rios and Jaime Navarro for my most hated Sox player of all time. Both guys were absolute s*** on the field and couldn't care less about it.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
The accountability issue is still the greatest concern for me.

How can Rios still be on the field with his play and his attitude?

The guy has a .244 OBP. How is that possible?

De Aza has his second consecutive great season at AAA, gets called up, and hits a homer in his first game, a game in which practically no one else did anything offensively.

The very next game Rios is back in CF and de Aza is on the bench, just because there was a LH starter for Boston.

That is not my idea of accountability.

I have no idea what the state of the Sox clubhouse is, but it probably isn't very good, and shouldn't be.

I've been preaching the lack of accountability for years. It is without a doubt, in my opinion, the biggest problem on this team. You hit it right on the head.