8/1 Yankees @ Sox 7:10

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
I think someone already answered this for me a few posts up.

even with those few good outings his era was still over 4.6 so consider me unimpressed

So I go on a sabbatical for 4 days and see nothing has really changed. Not even JR came out with the "Anyone who believes we can chase Cleveland..." Part 2 statement which I was (anxiously for whatever reason) waiting for. Well.....*sigh*

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:46 PM)
even with those few good outings his era was still over 4.6 so consider me unimpressed

Look he was a great pitcher and freak injuries happened. Its pretty obvious to why he is pitching like this. His body is just destroyed.

Damn Swisher. And yes, Peavy wasn't that good prior to the big injury last year. He's just full of excuses, and his stay with the Sox has been an absolute disaster. It's awful to think that next year, Peavy/Rios/Dunn will make more money than some teams have for an entire payroll.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:48 AM)
I would say I hope Kenny gets nervous and fires Ozzie to try and save this season (and maybe his job) sometime in the near future, but who knows if he's even allowed to fire Ozzie.

Would you want to fire someone and be scared to death about what dirty laundry is aired in the media?

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:34 PM)
Honestly, this disaster is going to end up being good for the franchise. Had we somehow managed to win this Comedy Central, KW and OG would be brought back. Now that it has blown up in their faces, they will surely both lose their jobs. The franchise will FINALLY be able to move forward.

I wish I was reading this post in October, not now. There's still ample time for this team to linger and give all the super fans around here hope.

Every embarrassing loss brings us closer to dismantling. And you know what? I don't care how long it takes. I don't care how much our payroll drops due to poor attendance, either. We need new management, new coaching; and if nothing changes atleast we'll be without the drama this team carries with it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:51 PM)
On the bright side, at least it will be more interesting watching Stewart pitch the last month of the season than seeing Mr. Petco

Peavy at this state in his career looks EXACTLY like the type of pitcher we'd draft and develop through our system. 90 mph fastball with limited movement and a steady collection of rolling breaking balls.

His own lack of talent actually is endangering people on the field (including himself) due to the velocity his pitches are leaving the bat.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Look he was a great pitcher and freak injuries happened. Its pretty obvious to why he is pitching like this. His body is just destroyed.

well we just have to agree to disagree

it is pretty obvious that he was never a great pitcher for us even before the injury

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
well we just have to agree to disagree

it is pretty obvious that he was never a great pitcher for us even before the injury

completely agree he wasn't even close to how great he was at one point.