8/1 Yankees @ Sox 7:10

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:12 AM)
I agree, but I think Peavy's issues have nothing to do with the ballpark or even league adjustment. His stuff just isn't anywhere close to what it was during his San Diego days.

Yep, and it pisses me off. I truly feel like San Diego was anticipating this, and it's something many of us were mentioning when the Cubs were going after him.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Yep, and it pisses me off. I truly feel like San Diego was anticipating this, and it's something many of us were mentioning when the Cubs were going after him.

Ya its truly a tragic ending for such a promising career Peavy had. Maybe who knows he bounces back next year, but I am writing him off. Being a max effort guy he is, the innings + sliders finally caught up to him

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:07 AM)
i was at the game saturday night and i never want to experience it again

I had recorded the game from the 3rd inning on and went to a minor league rookie league game. Now those guys know how to play baseball. I deleted the Sox game when I got home.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
I wonder if there is something physically wrong with Jake. When you read fastballs at 88 MPH and less that's just not right.

Think of him like a pitcher 12 months after Tommy John surgery. They're not going to be all there with velocity or control. Some guys take years to regain where they were.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
I wonder if there is something physically wrong with Jake. When you read fastballs at 88 MPH and less that's just not right.

There is nothing wrong with him. This is just the new Peavy. It looks like we have several more years of Lance Broadway starts ahead of us....