8/1 Yankees @ Sox 7:10

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:37 AM)
Ed Wade. Jim Hendry. MacPhail. Those are clearly the three worst. KW is in that second-tier.

MacPhail made some good moves in the last week, and J.J. Hardy has been a stud. He just had no prayer with his young starting rotation not living up to the hype.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:33 PM)
It would be hard to. Two other candidates, Wade and Hendry, will be out of a job shortly.

How could I forget about Hendry. I've always thought Hendry was bad, but his past 3 years have been pretty freaking terrible.

Its almost like they are trying to see who can waste more money on terrible offensive players.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
The thing that baffles me is that if Kenny thought this team was close enough not to sell off players, why the heck didn't he try to get a piece or two to help this offense? I'm not talking superstar addition, but at least someone who can maybe hit the ball out of a Little League park.

He allowed the manager to override him on Viciedo for most of the summer.n

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:38 AM)
There's a reason some of us were not against White Flag II. We don't want the Sox to lose, we just understood the recent run was a mirage.

Way too much reliance by some people on here of guys like Dunn and Rios turning their seasons around after they haven't shown one sign of life all season. The season will be over for the Sox by Sunday, and then we'll have to pray for some waiver deals.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)
Way too much reliance by some people on here of guys like Dunn and Rios turning their seasons around after they haven't shown one sign of life all season. The season will be over for the Sox by Sunday, and then we'll have to pray for some waiver deals.

If only the deadline hadn't just passed. Think the Red Sox might overpay with Buchholz out for the year?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:41 AM)
What was terrific about Jake's start? He gave up 8 hits in 7 innings and three runs. It was solid, but not terrific. STFU Hawk.

Yep, and it gave breathing room to a pitcher who excels in situations like that. I sure am glad we kept playing for one run with the bunt.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Not in the least. I just remember you as being one of the ultra-optimistic posters only a few weeks ago :lolhitting

Don't remind me. This past trade deadline just truly disgusted me. This roster is loaded with corpses for years to come and there was a rare opportunity to truly impact that future.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:41 PM)
White Sox baseball fading fast and NEVER .500 again in 2011.

We'll get to .500 for a day, then lose 3 out of 4 games. Then the process will repeat again and again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:40 PM)

Spot on Fathom as usual. +1