8/1 Yankees @ Sox 7:10

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
Don't remind me. This past trade deadline just truly disgusted me. This roster is loaded with corpses for years to come and there was a rare opportunity to truly impact that future.

Yesterday and the Thome walkoff homer against Thornton last year were the two worst days for being a Sox fan (in my view) since 2006. I'm probably missing some other big moments though.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know will finish 81-81. The worst possible scenario coming into the season. Will hear Hawk, Ranger, Merkin, Ozzie and KW spit something like "You know, we got career-worst seasons from so many guys and still finished .500. That's a positive. Let's do this thing again next year!"

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:48 PM)
You know will finish 81-81. The worst possible scenario coming into the season. Will hear Hawk, Ranger, Rongey, Ozzie and KW spit something like "You know, we got career-worst seasons from so many guys and still finished .500. That's a positive. Let's do this thing again next year!"

This is seriously like the 7th or 8th post in this thread that I read and thought "I said this exact same thing a few months ago".

;) :lol:

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
This is seriously like the 7th or 8th post in this thread that I read and thought "I said this exact same thing a few months ago".

;) :lol:

White Sox fans: mastering the art of mixing intelligence, humor, and misery. It's hard not to these days.

What a lousy game. Same ol s***.

So the Sox again let the trade deadline slip away and here comes the final slide to bury the team.

Team is as dead as it has looked in a long time.

Yankees should have no problem sweeping this one.

Were there more Yankee fans at the game than Sox fans tonight?

Nice bunt by Lilly. I don't want to scroll back in the thread to that point in the game. Surely there was an epic meltdown. I merely laughed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
Wow, the attendance was only 24k tonight? That's absolutely pathetic. Seems like our fans threw in the towel after Tuesday Tigers game.

Good. No one should go to watch this asshole of a team play.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
Wow, the attendance was only 24k tonight? That's absolutely pathetic. Seems like our fans threw in the towel after Tuesday Tigers game.

its a good thing we werent sellers because we would be missing out on these huge crowds...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)
What a lousy game. Same ol s***.

So the Sox again let the trade deadline slip away and here comes the final slide to bury the team.

Team is as dead as it has looked in a long time.

Yankees should have no problem sweeping this one.

Were there more Yankee fans at the game than Sox fans tonight?

Nice bunt by Lilly. I don't want to scroll back in the thread to that point in the game. Surely there was an epic meltdown. I merely laughed.

Bunting in the American League should be reserved for the late innings. The only thing bunts do in the AL is prevent big innings by your team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
This is a very unhappy fanbase. If only the people in charge seemed to realize that.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:58 AM)
Dunn ...............................................Now 3-for-77 against LHP with 35Ks

1.) We've said it all before, but the team is unwatchable. I did it again tonight. Tuned in and first inning I saw was 'the bunt' inning.

I turned it off.

I can only imagine how sad it is to be at the stadium watching that crap, including Dunn/Rios, Lilly, all of em cept AJ, Paulie (hurt) and CQ.

I guess Lexi lit into one finally tonight.

It is horrible horrible baseball and I'm glad the crowd was s***ty.

I feel for our excellent pitchers BTW. They are very good.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:56 PM)

And that was for a discount/half-price or "Family Night," right?

God can only imagine how we'll draw the next 3 games when fans have to pay "dynamic" pricing.

It might even be 65-70% Yankees fans.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
AJ would be picked up on waivers by somebody, IMO

So would Thornton and CQ

You either keep em if they're claimed, or try to get value and let em go.

AJ has no trade clause. Does that include waivers?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:13 AM)
And that was for a discount/half-price or "Family Night," right?

God can only imagine how we'll draw the next 3 games when fans have to pay "dynamic" pricing.

It might even be 65-70% Yankees fans.

Good.

Let the Yankee fans celebrate their dusting off a bad White Sox team.