Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
Oney is your typical 5 year old. Make fun of people then say "it's just a joke!"

Teahen pretty much just did the same thing with this... And damn it, I hate sounding like I am defending Oney, but I expected more out of Teahen.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:53 PM)
By lowering himself to Oney's level?

I didn't say I agree with Teahen making the decision to tweet that. I just said the tweet was 100 percent true, and it was. If Oney is pissy about it, it's because he can't handle the twitter bullying that he normally is dishing out, and can't handle the truth.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Yeah if Teahen fired the first shots as it appears, then he gets what he deserves. I can't stand Oney as much as the next guy, but you can't expect a guy to say nothing when you get called out like that.

Did Teahen's wife get what she deserved?

Yeah if Teahen fired the first shots as it appears, then he gets what he deserves. I can't stand Oney as much as the next guy, but you can't expect a guy to say nothing when you get called out like that.

I could see that, but shots at his wife are way out of line. Teahen does have a Jim Thome-like reputation as a person so it would be surprising to me that he would suddenly air some dirty laundry. But I could be wrong. Teahen and his wife did have a scheduled charity event the day he was traded. I wonder if something happened then.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:58 PM)
I could see that, but shots at his wife are way out of line. Teahen does have a Jim Thome-like reputation as a person so it would be surprising to me that he would suddenly air some dirty laundry. But I could be wrong. Teahen and his wife did have a scheduled charity event the day he was traded. I wonder if something happened then.

What does it tell you about the standing of the Guillen family in our clubhouse if somebody with a spotless reputation as a person like Mark Teahen is taking shots at them? And then, a "fair number" of our players are enraged not at what Mark said, but the way Oney responded?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Seriously? I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing if it were your wife that he attacked.

Oney could have easily just mocked how bad Teahen is at baseball. He went after the guy's wife. Always the wrong choice.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
What does it tell you about the standing of the Guillen family in our clubhouse if somebody with a spotless reputation as a person like Mark Teahen is taking shots at them? And then, a "fair number" of our players are enraged not at what Mark said, but the way Oney responded?

They are closer to the situation than we are and we all know Oney lives off of Ozzie. There's no defending shots at innocent people and Teahen's wife is totally innocent here. Oney can backtrack and say it was a joke, but we all know the truth. Ozzie apparently doesn't want to show up his 25 year old son and do something about it, so his entire team and employer will continue to be embarrassed by this. Maybe its time Ozzie's wife steps up to the plate and tells her son what an idiot he is. A "you're about an inch from being on your own" may do the trick. Without Ozzie, Oney's selling Streetwise.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:55 PM)
Teahen pretty much just did the same thing with this... And damn it, I hate sounding like I am defending Oney, but I expected more out of Teahen.

You know, for once you're actually right. Which makes me wonder how truly awful this must have been to make espy snap off like that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:50 PM)

So you honestly believe that Teahen, out of the blue, decided to blast Oney freaking Guillen? There's more to this that we don't know....either someone passed something along to Mark that Oney said or Teahen's tweet had nothing to do with Oney. I'm of the opinion that the former is more likely when put in an historical context.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
So you honestly believe that Teahen, out of the blue, decided to blast Oney freaking Guillen? There's more to this that we don't know....either someone passed something along to Mark that Oney said or Teahen's tweet had nothing to do with Oney. I'm of the opinion that the former is more likely when put in an historical context.

I believe you're correct.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:04 PM)
Seriously? I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing if it were your wife that he attacked.

Oney could have easily just mocked how bad Teahen is at baseball. He went after the guy's wife. Always the wrong choice.

As opposed to making an extremely personal attack on Oney related to his father?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
They are closer to the situation than we are and we all know Oney lives off of Ozzie. There's no defending shots at innocent people and Teahen's wife is totally innocent here. Oney can backtrack and say it was a joke, but we all know the truth. Ozzie apparently doesn't want to show up his 25 year old son and do something about it, so his entire team and employer will continue to be embarrassed by this. Maybe its time Ozzie's wife steps up to the plate and tells her son what an idiot he is. A "you're about an inch from being on your own" may do the trick. Without Ozzie, Oney's selling Streetwise.

Teahen also pretended that he didn't mean Oney.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
As opposed to making an extremely personal attack on Oney related to his father?

So how angry would espy have to be before he aired that dirty laundry? If nothing else I don't recall him bashing the Royals upon departing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
Well supposedly more than a couple of White Sox players are incensed with Oney. One going so far as say he wants to smash his face in, so maybe Teahen didn't start it.

If espy is annoyed enough that he went public, don't we expect that the rest of the players feel the same way?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
If espy is annoyed enough that he went public, don't we expect that the rest of the players feel the same way?

@CSNChi_Beatnik

Brett Ballantini

Safe to say a fair # of #WhiteSox are enraged by Oney's latest tweets on Mark Teahen + wife. One term used was "smash his face in"

3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
@CSNChi_Beatnik

Brett Ballantini

Safe to say a fair # of #WhiteSox are enraged by Oney's latest tweets on Mark Teahen + wife. One term used was "smash his face in"

3 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least they're letting the Yankees take the soxs anger out on them. Or something.