Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
If they hated being on the Sox and Ozzie Guillen as much as is being said here, why wouldn't Carlos Quentin or Matt Thornton, or anyone else who has been in the rumor mill, have gone to Kenny and told him to trade them? He obviously wanted to, but couldn't. If they had asked him, it would have been much easier to do.

I have no doubt that some individuals don't like the Ozzie Guillen experience, and they seem to get shipped out pretty quickly. If it really were at pandemic levels, guys would have been begging to go, not asking to stay.

It sounds like you're suggesting that Teahen is one of those guys. Is that the case?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
It sounds like you're suggesting that Teahen is one of those guys. Is that the case?

If he was really talking about Oney here, I have no doubt that Mark asked to leave. I have no evidence, other than the tweet. Its a gut feeling.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
If he was really talking about Oney here, I have no doubt that Mark asked to leave. I have no evidence, other than the tweet. Its a gut feeling.

And if a guy with the reputation of Teahen asks to leave, there is a problem in that clubhouse.

Clubhouse problems fall on the manager, whether or not you want to admit that he's the cause of the problem.

I've really had it with the Guillen family at this point and his son, who is starting to remind me of Saddam Hussein's evil spawn who also lived off Daddy.

Geez, Teahen's wife is not bad-looking at all by any stretch but even if she were when you take a shot at a man's wife--a man that worked for Daddy--you deserve to get your ass kicked. In a functional family, that ass-kicking would come from Ozzie himself but apparently there's no consequences in that household.

I thought the Bobby Jenks thing was bad enough--this is even worth. Now the Guillens are embarrassing the White Sox organization. Do you think something like this would be tolerated by any other MLB club?

Get rid of them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)

Whether or not he asked to leave, I still have to believe his trade had more to do with his s***ty contract and play on the field, instead of just a rift with the Guillens.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
I've really had it with the Guillen family at this point and his son, who is starting to remind me of Saddam Hussein's evil spawn who also lived off Daddy.

Geez, Teahen's wife is not bad-looking at all by any stretch but even if she were when you take a shot at a man's wife--a man that worked for Daddy--you deserve to get your ass kicked. In a functional family, that ass-kicking would come from Ozzie himself but apparently there's no consequences in that household.

I thought the Bobby Jenks thing was bad enough--this is even worth. Now the Guillens are embarrassing the White Sox organization. Do you think something like this would be tolerated by any other MLB club?

Get rid of them.

I've actually thought the same thing. And no, I seriously don't believe any other franchise would allow someone to run as wild as Ozzie and his family do here.

The day Ozzie is fired will be the happiest for me as a fan since we won it all. No exaggeration.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:02 AM)
Likewise. I loathe that family.

I wouldn't hate Ozzie if it weren't for his kids, namely Oney. But I do. "Hate" isn't even a strong enough word for what I feel towards Oney. As I said before, there is nothing that could befall him that would cause me to feel bad.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:34 AM)
Both so true that it sends shivers down my spine.

I've already cut my game total down quite a bit this season. If Ozzie and Kenny are both back next year, it will be cut to 0. If Ozzie is back, I'll have a hard time rationalizing going even if Kenny is fired. If Kenny is back and Ozzie is gone, I'll still be very unhappy with our GM, but can at least go back to not being angry at my team personally, so I could probably rationalize going to several games next season. Hopefully, they're both gone. It'd be refreshing as a fan.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
I've already cut my game total down quite a bit this season. If Ozzie and Kenny are both back next year, it will be cut to 0. If Ozzie is back, I'll have a hard time rationalizing going even if Kenny is fired. If Kenny is back and Ozzie is gone, I'll still be unhappy with our GM but can at least go back to not being angry at my team, so I could probably rationalize going to about as many games as normal. Hopefully, they're both gone and I can be refreshed as a fan.

I no longer plan on seeing a game in person until Ozzie is gone.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
I've already cut my game total down quite a bit this season. If Ozzie and Kenny are both back next year, it will be cut to 0. If Ozzie is back, I'll have a hard time rationalizing going even if Kenny is fired. If Kenny is back and Ozzie is gone, I'll still be very unhappy with our GM, but can at least go back to not being angry at my team personally, so I could probably rationalize going to several games next season. Hopefully, they're both gone. It'd be refreshing as a fan.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)

Exactly the same here.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:20 AM)

I just want the team to not be boring. I said to my wife last night, "I just wish they'd go on SOME sort of run so I could go to another game and not feel like I'm lighting my money on fire."

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
I'm just about to that point too, BigSqwert. Which is sad, because I live for baseball in the summer.

But I don't want my attendance to be interpreted as support for Ozzie or this product on the field.

That perfectly depicts the struggle I'm going through right now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
This. Closely followed by the moment Alexei hit the grand slam vs DET in the make-up game. That week was something else. The most painful awesome week of baseball.

Games 161-163 were amazing in 2008 (even though winning the division shouldn't have had to come to that). Even in 2006, there were a lot of elements I enjoyed as the defending champs and with the great start to the season.

So, while I can't "rank" it, I will say the day Ozzie is gone will be a very happy one. Which in itself is rather amazing, considering 2005 did still happen. With Kenny, I know he really needs to go, but his personality doesn't lead me to the point where his canning will bring joy.

Jerry and Kenny can't allow Ozzie and family take away from the players. This last episode shows that it does. Maybe Teahen wanted Oney to take the bait, to do what he does best, overreact and say stuff he shouldn't. The effect is Ozzie has probably blown the trust of his key core of players, the vets, the good guys management tauts and has built the team around, like PK and Buehrle because he hasn't kept his mouth shut, and allowed his son to get into business he doesn't belong.

This has to be the last straw, as Teahen was well respected by his teammates. Start fresh with a manager who has the trust of his players. If Kenny doesn't either, put Rick Hahn in there. The sox can't keep running the same management team out there--esp. Ozzie and Kenny--with little or no improvement. Changes are needed, both players and staff.