Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:19 AM)
So you got a third string reporter to say something on twitter, which literally none of the big named reporters have said a word about in Chicago.
The so called "big name reporters" in Chicago are for the most part a joke.

Maybe the 'stench of piss' comment was out of line, but I've seen people like this before. I'm all for giving people a fair shake, but the Gullens have NO CLASS, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...their sense of entitlement and their mode of arrogance is just breathtaking. It's one thing for Ozzie to brag about his wealth, which is categorically pathetic, but for his son to act like just as big of an ass tells me the issues are endemic to the entire family.

But I'll still say my SOP comment could have also been handled better. My point about the SOP is they are wealthy now, but they are still rednecks (redneck doesn't have to be Southern White either).

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
Maybe the 'stench of piss' comment was out of line, but I've seen people like this before. I'm all for giving people a fair shake, but the Gullens have NO CLASS, NONE, ZERO, ZILCH...their sense of entitlement and their mode of arrogance is just breathtaking. It's one thing for Ozzie to brag about his wealth, which is categorically pathetic, but for his son to act like just as big of an ass tells me the issues are endemic to the entire family.

But I'll still say my SOP comment could have also been handled better. My point about the SOP is they are wealthy now, but they are still rednecks (redneck doesn't have to be Southern White either).

I believe Oney stands alone in his idiocy. Ozzie Guillen, Jr. isn't all bad, while Ozzie himself, despite being somewhat of a nincompoop, is incredibly enjoyable. I just wish he made better managerial decisions.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
I believe Oney stands alone in his idiocy. Ozzie Guillen, Jr. isn't all bad, while Ozzie himself, despite being somewhat of a nincompoop, is incredibly enjoyable. I just wish he made better managerial decisions.

Ozzie is a punk. calling out the fans during the 94 strike...and bragging about his wealth (done it numerous times)...his defensive tirades after his butt buddies roll out another hapless and sad performance, etc., etc. Papa Ozzie is a joke.

I know little of Ozzie Jr...but I can't imagine the acorn falls that far from the tree. However, since I lack knowledge on the Junior Ozzie I'll refrain from painting him with the same brush, but...

Ozzie and Oney are idiots.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Come on.

his pets. The players who seemingly can do no wrong...they stink stink stink yet they start start start.

It is unconscionable Alex Rios has missed NO INNINGS since his sickening play against Boston. NOT ONE SINGLE INNING....I don't care if Randy Johnson starts...you demand a certain type of play on the field. If you don't get it from certain players, they sit.

Not in Ozzie's world.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)

I've heard quite a few things about Ozney from people who know/have encountered him, none of them good. I think Ozzie Jr. is fine though.

At this point, I can only guess Ozzie sits back and allows Oney to be his personal mouthpiece. At first, I believed Oney was just an out of control kid with no respect for any authority whatsoever, but it's pretty clear that Ozzie is just allowing him to say whatever he please with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever.

An absolute clear sign that he is an immature, short-sighted, foolish man that should no longer be allowed to manage this ballclub any longer.

The fact that many of you are lumping our General Manager into his category is incredulous to me.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:21 PM)
I've heard quite a few things about Ozney from people who know/have encountered him, none of them good. I think Ozzie Jr. is fine though.

I've met Jr, and have no problems with him. He seems like he wants to do his own thing.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
At this point, I can only guess Ozzie sits back and allows Oney to be his personal mouthpiece. At first, I believed Oney was just an out of control kid with no respect for any authority whatsoever, but it's pretty clear that Ozzie is just allowing him to say whatever he please with absolutely no repercussions whatsoever.

An absolute clear sign that he is an immature, short-sighted, foolish man that should no longer be allowed to manage this ballclub any longer.

The fact that many of you are lumping our General Manager into his category is incredulous to me.

While I agree with you that Ozzie is in a different category, KW is fairly immature himself.

And I do agree that Oney is Ozzie's mouthpiece. It gives him a chance to speak his mind on anyone and anything with seemingly no repercussions.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
I've met Jr, and have no problems with him. He seems like he wants to do his own thing.

There was an article the other day about him. It talked about how he's the quiet one. Despite being an announcer for the team, you hear by far the least from him. It painted a very nice picture of him.

I forget if someone posted it here or if I found it by accident on Google.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:34 PM)
There was an article the other day about him. It talked about how he's the quiet one. Despite being an announcer for the team, you hear by far the least from him. It painted a very nice picture of him.

I forget if someone posted it here or if I found it by accident on Google.

Most importantly he doesn't seem to be want to be the news. I know the kid has gotten a lot of where he is at by being Ozzie's son, but he hasn't taken it and abused it.

Regardless of who started this latest Twitter crap, is there any other manager who creates so much nonsense through the social media, be it from himself or a family member? I saw someon'e post saying Oney's Tweets were deleted. Is it too much to think that Ozzie told him to do that? Probably.

Stuff like this is embarrassing for the Sox. And look at our response. 260+ posts about this crap. If only this damn team would start playing baseball and start winning some games, the child-like antics of the manager's kid wouldn't be such a big deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:37 PM)
Most importantly he doesn't seem to be want to be the news. I know the kid has gotten a lot of where he is at by being Ozzie's son, but he hasn't taken it and abused it.

I agree.

Haha, at first I thought you were talking about Oney because I didn't pay attention to which thread I was in. I was about to lose it.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:02 AM)
The Guillens are rednecks. They are people who came from nothing and got rich but don't know how to handle it and the stench of piss still stays with them.

I have no problem with Ozzie supported his son the way he does financially. Ozzie never got that from his parents, growing up poor in Venezuela. He is living most people's dreams about being able to support your family, but he has got to keep that kid on a leash. Does Ozzie even realized all the s*** his kid starts?

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)
Regardless of who started this latest Twitter crap, is there any other manager who creates so much nonsense through the social media, be it from himself or a family member? I saw someon'e post saying Oney's Tweets were deleted. Is it too much to think that Ozzie told him to do that? Probably.

Stuff like this is embarrassing for the Sox. And look at our response. 260+ posts about this crap. If only this damn team would start playing baseball and start winning some games, the child-like antics of the manager's kid wouldn't be such a big deal.

Tony LaRussa has had plenty of his own drama off of the top of my head, from driving off their top young player, to multiple DUI's.