Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Well supposedly more than a couple of White Sox players are incensed with Oney. One going so far as say he wants to smash his face in, so maybe Teahen didn't start it.

I'm not saying Oney isn't a dbag or anything, but what exactly did Teahen have to gain by slamming Oney and then pretending he didn't? Especially when you are talking about someone like this, it is just better to stay out of it, than to poke the idiot.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:15 PM)
I'm not saying Oney isn't a dbag or anything, but what exactly did Teahen have to gain by slamming Oney and then pretending he didn't? Especially when you are talking about someone like this, it is just better to stay out of it, than to poke the idiot.

Says you. Teahen speaking out may shine a bright light on the douchebaggery of Oney and cause others to speak up. And that might lead to Oney getting his comeuppance and possibly be a large step in Ozzie getting the boot. In that case, it definitely is better to say something than to let this moron run wild in the media with nobody stepping in to stop him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:19 AM)
Says you. Teahen speaking out may shine a bright light on the douchebaggery of Oney and cause others to speak up. And that might lead to Oney getting his comeuppance and possibly be a large step in Ozzie getting the boot. In that case, it definitely is better to say something than to let this moron run wild in the media with nobody stepping in to stop him.

Yep, sure sounds like White Sox players support anything and everything Teahen said.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:26 PM)
So you honestly believe that Teahen, out of the blue, decided to blast Oney freaking Guillen? There's more to this that we don't know....either someone passed something along to Mark that Oney said or Teahen's tweet had nothing to do with Oney. I'm of the opinion that the former is more likely when put in an historical context.

I honestly think Oney had to have said something about Teahen's wife.

That would explain why he got mad enough, and Oney's choice response.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:19 PM)

So what is different now than the last times this has happened? You expect someone to step in now, where no one really has before? Half the media in this town belongs to Ozzie, including the Sun Times, CSN, and the Score. Nothing is going to change on that front.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:25 PM)
So what is different now than the last times this has happened? You expect someone to step in now, where no one really has before? Half the media in this town belongs to Ozzie, including the Sun Times, CSN, and the Score. Nothing is going to change on that front.

The fact that the GM has been throwing Ozzie under the bus for weeks and that Ozzie is not going o be here next year? And the fact that there aren't rumors about Teahen like there were about Jenks?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)

We've already seen the tweet from Ballantini saying that the players are irate with Oney and that one suggested smashing his face. There's a bit of a difference between shots from Jenks/Cabrera/Frank and those from Teahen, as he's respected around the league as a very good person.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:15 PM)

We don't know if Teahen's tweet today was provoked or not, but their general reputations would make you believe that its probable.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Mark Teahen tweet:

Interesting...

Did I miss something? Was this directed at Oney or was it just a comment in general? Is there something I don't know? Teahen doesn't seem the type to do that.

Bob

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
In a masochistic way, this is the most fun thing that's happened with this team in a while. It honestly feels more interesting than the Teahen/Jackson trade.

It's less painful to think about Tweets than to think about giving away a free Colby Rasmus simply because Kenny's made so many horrific signings and trades.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:51 AM)
It's less painful to think about Tweets than to think about giving away a free Colby Rasmus simply because Kenny's made so many horrific signings and trades.

And don't forget giving up Quentin this offseason because we have something like 45 million tied up in Peavy/Dunn/Rios

This whole Oney thing reminds me of a DJ out here in Phoenix...thought he was untouchable and could say/do whatever he wanted. They found him lying on the floor of Dennys one night....somebody absolutely beat the s*** out him. Oney's gonna piss off the wrong people at some point...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
We've already seen the tweet from Ballantini saying that the players are irate with Oney and that one suggested smashing his face. There's a bit of a difference between shots from Jenks/Cabrera/Frank and those from Teahen, as he's respected around the league as a very good person.

So you got a third string reporter to say something on twitter, which literally none of the big named reporters have said a word about in Chicago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
So you got a third string reporter to say something on twitter, which literally none of the big named reporters have said a word about in Chicago.

This happened within 24 hours. Give it time. It might still catch on, and other players might add in their opinions once they are traded or allowed to walk in the offseason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:19 AM)

You mean the official Sox beat guy for their home television channel, CSN?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:16 PM)
This whole Oney thing reminds me of a DJ out here in Phoenix...thought he was untouchable and could say/do whatever he wanted. They found him lying on the floor of Dennys one night....somebody absolutely beat the s*** out him. Oney's gonna piss off the wrong people at some point...

Thought you were talking about Dave Wilder at first.

Yet another reason Ozzie shoudl go. Kalapse post was the best post and really sums up the sorry state of this organization. Really sad how one man, err, one family, has done so many bad things to the overall organization (sans the 2005 championship).

Pathetic. The guy is right up there with Frank McCourt as being complete and utter disgraces to the game of baseball. Maybe it isn't him, but he's the moron letting his kid run around like a complete an utter moron. I really think if the Sox fired Ozzie we'd see this team start to play like the team we expected.

I just get the sneaking suspicion a lot of guys want nothing to do with the Wizard of Oz.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
Yet another reason Ozzie shoudl go. Kalapse post was the best post and really sums up the sorry state of this organization. Really sad how one man, err, one family, has done so many bad things to the overall organization (sans the 2005 championship).

Pathetic. The guy is right up there with Frank McCourt as being complete and utter disgraces to the game of baseball. Maybe it isn't him, but he's the moron letting his kid run around like a complete an utter moron. I really think if the Sox fired Ozzie we'd see this team start to play like the team we expected.

I just get the sneaking suspicion a lot of guys want nothing to do with the Wizard of Oz.

Couldn't agree more with this, and to add on to what you're saying, I think this year (for the first time) the disgust our fanbase has with the Guillen family is starting to hurt at the box office. Which WILL get Uncle Jerry's attention. I'm still very worried Kenny will be back in 2012. But, while I'm also still worried Ozzie will be, that worry lessens with every passing day, and every stupid moment involving him and/or his family.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Couldn't agree more with this, and to add on to what you're saying, I think this year (for the first time) the disgust our fanbase has with the Guillen family is starting to hurt at the box office. Which WILL get Uncle Jerry's attention. I'm still very worried Kenny will be back in 2012. But, while I'm also still worried Ozzie will be, that worry lessens with every passing day, and every stupid moment involving him and/or his family.

I agree as well. I also am starting to wonder if the performance of this team has less to do with KW assembling a lemon and a lot more to do with the constant distractions and lack of trust the players have of their manager.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 06:53 PM)
It really wasn't a damned good post. Get with the 21st century. Twitter is a mainstream information source.

Sometimes it is, but this thread shows how it can be something grossly different- a cyber-place for celebrities and the public to gossip.

But to generalize and write the whole thing off probably isn't a good idea.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:04 PM)
Seriously? I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing if it were your wife that he attacked.

Oney could have easily just mocked how bad Teahen is at baseball. He went after the guy's wife. Always the wrong choice.

+1