Teahen Vs. Oney on Twitter

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:16 AM)
if you think Teahen was the only one who felt this way, you'd be wrong. there's only so much a player can say about their employer while employed.

wait until more of the current roster part ways.

Some of the stuff said this offseason could be a lot of fun if (1) several players are moved (very possible) (2) Ozzie is fired/traded (also very possible) or (3) both (not impossible).

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It wasn't long ago that players dreaded playing for the White Sox because of clubhouse spies and that certain players really trashed the organization after they left, guys like Durham, Lofton, and Foulke, among others. Then Ozzie came in and players wanted to come here because it was fun. Seems like the cycle continues and players are really uncomfortable in this clubhouse.

I sort of expect Ozzie to be fired this week. Maybe upper management will ask Ozzie to try and keep his kid under better control, but at some point, they're going to be forced to take issue with it. It really is bad for the company in general to not only have this man employed by the White Sox but to have him be such a focal point of the organization itself. It is, to some extent, Ozzie's fault that Oney acts this way, but it is not directly his fault. However, at the end of the day, you are judged not only by yourself but also by the company that you keep. This is a family matter, but Ozzie has needed to tell Oney to STFU a few times and has yet to do so and it has once again resulted in a black eye on the organization, even if he did not actually initiate the attacks this time; that's completely beside the point at this juncture.

I'm not going to pretend that Ozzie and Co. (family) are conducive to a harmonious clubhouse atmosphere, but what about everyone who left since 2004 that hasn't made a peep. What are they, polite? You would be fooling yourself if you think 4 or 5 ballplayers on every MLB squad didn't get along with their managers. Sometimes they win, and it is a non-story, and sometimes they get traded for sucking- and then, watch the f*** out.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
if you think Teahen was the only one who felt this way, you'd be wrong. there's only so much a player can say about their employer while employed.

wait until more of the current roster part ways.

If it were really that bad, why weren't there players begging to get out of here at the deadline, instead of wanting to stay?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
This happened within 24 hours. Give it time. It might still catch on, and other players might add in their opinions once they are traded or allowed to walk in the offseason.

It is the next morning now, and even a google news search turns up nothing. Nothing on Twitter either. The reporters in this town know they need Ozzie to do their jobs, which is why they don't say anything.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:42 AM)
If it were really that bad, why weren't there players begging to get out of here at the deadline, instead of wanting to stay?

So in other words players need to put their current teams on BLAST just so they can get what they demand? If that were the case then you would have players like Jose Reyes and Andre Ethier out of their respective teams.

I believe the players will TRY to sustain from making their teams anymore embarrassing than they already are and just PERFORM . . . something the Sox offense hasn’t achieved all season.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:56 AM)
So in other words players need to put their current teams on BLAST just so they can get what they demand? If that were the case then you would have players like Jose Reyes and Andre Ethier out of their respective teams.

I believe the players will TRY to sustain from making their teams anymore embarrassing than they already are and just PERFORM . . . something the Sox offense hasn’t achieved all season.

If they hated being on the Sox and Ozzie Guillen as much as is being said here, why wouldn't Carlos Quentin or Matt Thornton, or anyone else who has been in the rumor mill, have gone to Kenny and told him to trade them? He obviously wanted to, but couldn't. If they had asked him, it would have been much easier to do.

I have no doubt that some individuals don't like the Ozzie Guillen experience, and they seem to get shipped out pretty quickly. If it really were at pandemic levels, guys would have been begging to go, not asking to stay.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)

How do we know that they weren't?

Hell, Alex Rios seems to be trying pretty hard to get out of here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:04 AM)
If they hated being on the Sox and Ozzie Guillen as much as is being said here, why wouldn't Carlos Quentin or Matt Thornton, or anyone else who has been in the rumor mill, have gone to Kenny and told him to trade them? He obviously wanted to, but couldn't. If they had asked him, it would have been much easier to do.

I have no doubt that some individuals don't like the Ozzie Guillen experience, and they seem to get shipped out pretty quickly. If it really were at pandemic levels, guys would have been begging to go, not asking to stay.

Didn’t I just say the players will TRY to sustain from making their teams anymore embarrassing? I’m pretty sure Quentin and Thornton still have the “All-In” mindset and as far as Alex Rios he’s in a world of his own. No one would want him if the Sox were to give him away! My point was that players will NOT go up to their GM and kindly ask to be moved. It just doesn’t work that way and if it did I’m sure baseball would be a big video game.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:17 AM)
Didn’t I just say the players will TRY to sustain from making their teams anymore embarrassing? I’m pretty sure Quentin and Thornton still have the “All-In” mindset and as far as Alex Rios he’s in a world of his own. No one would want him if the Sox were to give him away! My point was that players will NOT go up to their GM and kindly ask to be moved. It just doesn’t work that way and if it did I’m sure baseball would be a big video game.

Plenty of players ask to be traded.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:00 AM)
If the player really wanted out, they sure would.

It might be different here since wanting to be traded might seem like a slap in the face to the Guillen empire. A player wouldn't want their dirty laundry aired if it appeared that they weren't happy working for this "family".

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
It might be different here since wanting to be traded might seem like a slap in the face to the Guillen empire. A player wouldn't want their dirty laundry aired if it appeared that they weren't happy working for this "family".

If it were really THAT bad here, people would be begging to get out when they had the chance. Kenny was obviously exploring trades. We know there was a market for guys. If they really wanted to go, they could have pushed it, without a doubt.

IIRC we play the Jays at home the last series of the year, which are surely to be meaningless games. If Teahen sniffs the field somehow don't be surprised if Ozzie calls to drill him as his parting gift to Teahen and this organization on his way out the door. There is my "bold" prediction for the rest of the year.