Ozzie throws Lillibridge under the bus, spares Rios

caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
It's funny.

Rios wasn't all that hated on here until just recently. People still talked about his raw ability. I am glad to see Rios hitting Dunn territory in terms of fans hating him. I've hated his game a long long time.

I'm not going to lie, my opinion of the guy changed a lot in the last month or so. I can handle a guy sucking. I can't handle a guy costing his team wins because he is either lazy, or has the baseball IQ of a drunken bleacher bum. There is no excuse for his play in the field lately.

Contrast that with a guy like Gordon Beckham who slumped just about as badly during a decent stretch of this season, but never took it into the field. Its the same reason I don't mind Brent Morel as a starter as opposed to anyone else.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
F*ck Ozzie Guillen. Zero accountability despite being given permission from your boss to bench his big money player.

I honestly think Ozzie Guillen, at this age, could have put up similar or better numbers than Rios in July.

.383 OPS with no HRs and 4 RBIs

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
Does it matter? He can't hit anyone as evidenced by his .383 OPS this past month.

Actually it kinda does...because if there's a righty on the mound, then that means Rios is getting played despite Ozzie's affection for platoons.

QUOTE (onedude @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
If Rios is starting today, there absolutely has to be something going on with KW and Ozzie. He's basically been saying f*** you KW for the last 4 games.

If? He is.

link

Edited by BigSqwert

Lillibridge doesn't hit righties well and hasn't hit period for more than a month.

I don't know, but Pierre/Lillibridge/DeAza sounds even more like a AAA line-up than what we put out there last night.

Rios at least had a couple of hits in the past 2 games. If he was going to be benched, it should have been 3 games ago.

I mean...we're really legitimately thinking we can beat the Yankees without Konerko and with that starting outfield?

Edited by caulfield12

I like Lillibridge a lot, but he is a sub and role player. Rios has more potential, but lost it somewhere after signing a mucho million dollar contract in Toronto, which is now our albatross. At this point though I would keep Lilli over Rios. But, Ozzie did throw Lillibridge under the bus for sure IMO

Honestly, the amount of contradiction and non-sense Ozzie has done and said this year is mind blowing. Does he really think the average Sox fan is that dumb and gonna believe everything he says? And I can't honestly believe Ozzie believes anything he is saying either. I have never been a big Ozzie fan, but never in my wildest dreams ever thought he could be this ridiculously bad as a manger.

It really seems like he is doing a George Costanza and really trying to get fired.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Honestly, the amount of contradiction and non-sense Ozzie has done and said this year is mind blowing. Does he really think the average Sox fan is that dumb and gonna believe everything he says? And I can't honestly believe Ozzie believes anything he is saying either. I have never been a big Ozzie fan, but never in my wildest dreams ever thought he could be this ridiculously bad as a manger.

It really seems like he is doing a George Costanza and really trying to get fired.

Picturing Ozzie driving around with the world series trophy dragged behind his car.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:48 AM)
You could probably add AJ to the trade list except we don't have any legit prospects behind him to take his place. Have to get them back through trades of the players you already mentioned.

A bad farm system forces you to over pay guys like that. I hope they commit long term to AJ and use him in the farm system. He seems like one of the few in this organization that really knows the game.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:40 PM)

Since when is a manager, coach, GM ever honest in the media?