Who's Worse?

Quin

Who is worse at their job between Ozzie and Kenny?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who is worse at their job between Ozzie and Kenny?

• Ozzie Guillen
    • Kenny Williams

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Why do people ignore that Paul Konerko, at age 35, is above his career norms in every offensive category right now? Why do people ignore that Phil Humber is pitching way over the expectations anybody had for him? What about the good fortune (based on his career history) that Quentin has stayed healthy? Or Mark Buehrle having an ERA 3/5 of a run lower than his career norm even though he's into his 30's and had an ERA over a run higher last year than this year?

I get that you want to defend Ozzie, but you can't just point out the underachievers and ignore the overachievers.

Because the underachievers way over weight the overs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
You Ozzie haters act like the whole city is in your corner. If Ozzie walked into a restaurant later tonight, the place would be buzzing. People love Ozzie Guillen as they should.

A tweet from Ozzie Guillen Jr. tonight:

Its funny how you go from on the of the most loved families and names in this city to the most hated. But that life i guess. thats the price

In other words, you're wrong. His own kid even says they're very hated, and they should be. (Well maybe not Ozzie Jr, but Ozzie and Oney).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
Because the underachievers way over weight the overs.

And the manager gets no blame for that? Especially in the case of Dunn and Rios. This team consistently has offensive players who underachieve.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:49 PM)
A tweet from Ozzie Guillen Jr. tonight:

In other words, you're wrong. His own kid even says they're very hated, and they should be. (Well maybe not Ozzie Jr, but Ozzie and Oney).

I really feel bad for Oz Jr. He's a good broadcaster from what I listened too and knows his stuff.

He must be the black sheep of the family.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
It's KW's duty to fire Walker, not Ozzie.

No, that is on Ozzie. Ozzie controls his own coaching staff. You think Williams was the one to throw a 10 year reunion for the back to back division winners of the 90s and then run with it for a few years?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
Why do people ignore that Paul Konerko, at age 35, is above his career norms in every offensive category right now? Why do people ignore that Phil Humber is pitching way over the expectations anybody had for him? What about the good fortune (based on his career history) that Quentin has stayed healthy? Or Mark Buehrle having an ERA 3/5 of a run lower than his career norm even though he's into his 30's and had an ERA over a run higher last year than this year?

I get that you want to defend Ozzie, but you can't just point out the underachievers and ignore the overachievers.

I can pretty much point out whatever I want, I don't really care how you feel about Ozzie.. its my opinion of him, it doesn't matter if Konerko was hitting .600 right now with a million home runs I like Ozzie..

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
Good players often make any manager look good. IF you manage the Yankees and win the Series you are assumed a good manager. Good players are more dependent on your GM.

If ARod came out for a season and hit .160 while seemingly being completely healthy, and Granderson fell apart and hit .200 with no power and was dogging it constantly on the field...the Yankees would be changing coaching staff members pretty quick.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
For the Guillen apologists, please list out the reasons why you think that he needs to stay here as the manager of our ball club. I'm trying to objectively come up with reasons why he deserves to stay and I'm struggling to come up with anything other than he's entertaining with the media.

Who else will play his blend of spicy Latin music in the clubhouse?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 07:44 PM)
You Ozzie haters act like the whole city is in your corner. If Ozzie walked into a restaurant later tonight, the place would be buzzing. People love Ozzie Guillen as they should.

He is one of a kind IMO.

Sigh. If Ozzie walked into a restaurant, he wouldn't be managing a team. He'd be eating dinner or having a beer. I'd talk to him, probably even ask for his autograph. I just don't want him managing the White Sox anymore!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
If ARod came out for a season and hit .160 while seemingly being completely healthy, and Granderson fell apart and hit .200 with no power and was dogging it constantly on the field...the Yankees would be changing coaching staff members pretty quick.

No they wouldn't. No one will ever hit .160 on the Yankees. There's 1000s of reasons for that. One is they are surrounded by talent that will make them perform better. They are just as patient as any other organization when it comes to coaches. Their fan base surely thought that with Torre and now Girardi. Failure has a different meanig in New York.

They have a great cash flow so a bad contract doesn't hurt them. It's rare for them to have a bad one.

Players come to the Sox to have career setbacks. Comparing anything the Yankees would do vs. the Sox organization is really an apple and oranges comparison. One sucks the other doesn't.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
No they wouldn't. No one will ever hit .160 on the Yankees. There's 1000s of reasons for that. One is they are surrounded by talent that will make them perform better. They are just as patient as any other organization when it comes to coaches. Their fan base surely thought that with Torre and now Girardi. Failure has a different meanig in New York.

They have a great cash flow so a bad contract doesn't hurt them. It's rare for them to have a bad one.

Players come to the Sox to have career setbacks. Comparing anything the Yankees would do vs. the Sox organization is really an apple and oranges comparison. One sucks the other doesn't.

Posada was pretty close to being in that exact same position (as Dunn) and he recovered quite nicely.

But some of their big-contract pitchers like Irabu (very sad about his suicide), Contreras, Igawa, Pavano, etc., tanked almost as badly as pitchers as Dunn has offensively...more or less the equivalent. Or Lackey and Dice-K with the Red Sox.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
It's not even close. Kenny Williams is by FAR worse than Ozzie.

Ozzie would be hired by many teams in baseball to manage.

KW would never be offered another GM job.

The results of this poll are the most ridiculous of any I have seen on here.

Once again, Randy with the post of the thread.

Those are indisputable facts. KW would never ever be offered another GM job; Oz will be a manager until he decides not to be a manager.

No brainer indeed.

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:42 PM)
It's not even close. Kenny Williams is by FAR worse than Ozzie.

Ozzie would be hired by many teams in baseball to manage.

KW would never be offered another GM job.

The results of this poll are the most ridiculous of any I have seen on here.

Hard to disagree with that. I hope Al Davis gives Kenny a call.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
Posada was pretty close to being in that exact same position (as Dunn) and he recovered quite nicely.

But some of their big-contract pitchers like Irabu (very sad about his suicide), Contreras, Igawa, Pavano, etc., tanked almost as badly as pitchers as Dunn has offensively...more or less the equivalent. Or Lackey and Dice-K with the Red Sox.

It doesn't seem to effect them as much unlike this organization.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)

Those are indisputable facts. KW would never ever be offered another GM job; Oz will be a manager until he decides not to be a manager.

No brainer indeed.

He'd be offered a manager spot by the Marlins. That's it.

No where else would TOUCH Ozzie.

Kenny wouldn't be a GM again right away, but I could easily see Kenny being put in charge of a team like the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, and Mets if they had openings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)

No brainer indeed.

KW is only 47 and he put together a WS champion. Ozzie gets credit for managing that team but KW gets none for putting it together?

They both have had a couple bad years, will need some time off, but will both get jobs and have a chance to succeed. Ozzie will get the first job in FLA, but just wait to see how he acts when his owner spends zero money.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:09 PM)
KW is only 47 and he put together a WS champion. Ozzie gets credit for managing that team but KW gets none for putting it together?

They both have had a couple bad years, will need some time off, but will both get jobs and have a chance to succeed. Ozzie will get the first job in FLA, but just wait to see how he acts when his owner spends zero money.

And relies on cheap, YOUNG, players.

And no fans.