Sox vs Damned Yankees 8-2 game thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:06 PM)
Four runs up and double stealing against us? That's an insult worthy of throwing at a few Yankee players.

Just because 4 runs is an insurmountable lead against the sox doesn't mean it's a big lead. Against most teams you have to at least get out of slam range before you take the foot off the gas.

I can't f***ing believe this piece of s*** player Rios is still batting. WHY THE f*** HASN'T OZZIE BEEN FIRED!

At my job, if I blatantly ignore my boss's orders, I would be fired, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

f*** this entire organization. f*** everything about it. We've sunk lower than the Cubs.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:11 AM)
I can't f***ing believe this piece of s*** player Rios is still batting. WHY THE f*** HASN'T OZZIE BEEN FIRED!

At my job, if I blatantly ignore my boss's orders, I would be fired, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

f*** this entire organization. f*** everything about it. We've sunk lower than the Cubs.

I'd do anything to be in the scenario the Cubs are in. They at least get a ton of money off the books this offseason, and they have a rising superstar in Castro. Our "rising superstar" can't hit a 90 mph fastball. It's a good thing Beckham can hit a slider decently, or else he'd be on his way to playing in Japan with Fields.

6-5 tigers boesch homer off expensive NL acquisition Adams (the next Linebrink)

5 1/2 games back...have lost 3 games now in less than a week

collapse comes one week too late

yes, let's pay john danks $90 million for an extension and double the ticket prices please

great idea!

i'm already adjusting to the indians being the only chance to beat the Tigers or Twins

The Tigers are just too good offensively now...and Kipnis and Chisenhall are leading the Indians against Beckett....and yet we have Viciedo rotting away.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:18 AM)
Then he will have his best year once he gets away from this teams approach.

I can't remember last time he hit a double into the right center gap. He was great at that when he came up, but now he has no chance of hitting it there because he can't get on top of a high fastball. Tonight's game is as pathetic as he's looked in a long time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
I can't remember last time he hit a double into the right center gap. He was great at that when he came up, but now he has no chance of hitting it there because he can't get on top of a high fastball. Tonight's game is as pathetic as he's looked in a long time.

BUT IT'S NOT THE HITTING COACH!!!!!!!

Doesn't Beckham have a hit tonight too?

How many line drives (fair/foul) has he hit this year? 25 - 30?

Can't even recognize the player from 2009.

You would have to laugh if the attendance was under 20,000 for any of these games....with school still out. That would be the ultimate wake-up call to JR and the marketing department.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)

So sad that he comes up barely being touched and he hits pretty well. Then the longer he is under our system the worse he looks. His swing and his stance are nothing like the kid from Georgia.

So we lose four to NY and three to Minnie. The plummet in the Central is on.

This will be the third time this season we give Minnesota hope of becoming a contender. We always are the tonic to wake up Minnie.

Jesus, just fire Ozzie and his lunatic family already...it's pretty clear no one wants to play for him anymore. And get rid of Cora and Walker while we're at it.

Make Cooper interim manager for the rest of the year and see who is interested in managing this mess next year.