A response....

Lauren.Teahen

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lauren,

A response from you was the last thing I expected to see on this forum. You and Mark have have shown nothing but class and generosity through all your charitable acts. Also let me assure you that although we both know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that this beholder can see the beauty you possess both inside and out. Tall women with hearts of gold and a beautiful smile are too rare in my book . Good luck to you and yours.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:37 AM)
It's really her.

You guys don't have to keep asking.

^^^^^^

This. And I still don't think many here know how many "people" know about this site (sox brass, players/family, prospects, media, etc..)

Fishing for compliments I see eh?? Very classy response Lauren. As stated many times by everyone we support you and Mark. Shame it didn't work out here but it is what it is. Good luck in all you do and tell Mark to keep the comedy coming. Oh and BTW we all know he was talking about Oney... he should own that because he is completely right about that lil turd!

Edited by EvilJester99

Very good response, Lauren. As others have said, even if we were disappointed in Mark's performance on the field, he was genuinely liked. It's too bad more professional atheletes aren't like him.

As far as the whole Twitter debacle, even if Mark didn't direct the post at Oney, it's interesting that Oney assumed it was about him. His reaction and subsequent posts show what type of person he truly is. To attack a player's wife is deplorable, and it's embarrassing to have someone like that associated with the White Sox. I think most, if not all of us, on SoxTalk can say they are not embarrased to have had Mark associated with the White Sox.

Good luck in Toronto.

I will invoke Occam's razor: mark teahen was referring to Oney Guillen

perception is reality and if the slightest chance he wasn't (and talking about some random person he knows) then why put it out there for thousands of people to see on twitter and not just a group email to his friends and close circle?

Mark took shots at Oney that included name calling and Oney responded. I am not in the least bit a fan of Oney or his malicious attacks and while I don't condone his style, Oney retaliated and went below the belt...as he always does.

Lauren, you are by no means unattractive and man-like and while your response here was heartfelt and genuine, your real response should be to your husband to have a filter and not start some public mudslinging with an immature kid that does not know any better and refuses to acknowledge his own warts.

Good luck to you and your family.

What's next this week, after Rios and then this?

KW coming here to apologize for Daniel Hudson, Adam Dunn and Nick Swisher?

I don't think he possesses the humility.

It's gotten to the point where White Sox baseball is much less interesting and entertaining than an internet message board about White Sox baseball.

Bizarre. I guess it's appropriate, since the Soup Nazi from Seinfield threw out the first pitch last night. Feels like more of a sitcom than the actual show they did last year based on the Sox.

Lauren we live in very polarizing mean spirited times. It's unfortunate that some of this was directed at you by a spoiled little jerk. You are attractive in every way that a woman can be. Forget about this, no sentient being could take the barbs directed at you seriously. You and Mark seem very happy together and hopefully that will always be true. Enjoy Toronto, it's a great city and perhaps Mark's career will revive there. I'm sorry things didn't work out for him in Chicago but sometimes a trade is the best thing for a player that needs a lift. Take care of each other and best of luck to the two of you.

It saddens me that this situation has gotten to this point. It was inappropriate for Twitter to be used in this fashion (whether Mr. Teahen did so on purpose or not, or if Oney did this on purpose or not), but the personal attacks should not happen in the media. There are too many parties like Mrs. Teahen that then get involved publically and are dragged into a situation that they shouldn't have to go through.

As a White Sox fan who wants this team to win with class, I am thoroughly embarrassed by the whole event. We enjoyed Mark as a person in this city, and I wish it turned out better for both sides during his time here. I wish you and your family the best of luck in your future ventures, and hope the Toronto organization and family treats you better.

Edited by bigruss22

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
ESPY after the ESPN awards show or Cecil ESPY former major leaguer, lol?

I believe after ESPN. His other dog is Ribby after RBI. They are f***ing cute boxers.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
Has this response been vetted?

I know what you are getting at - I believe so anyway - but regardless you don't degrade a players wife and/or family when criticizing the player and his performance. Sometimes the attacks on a player get pretty rude and personal and that is uncalled for. So I guess it doesn't matter if this has been vetted or not some of the comments by the poster that resulted in this post were inappropriate.

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
I will re-post what I did in the Twitter thread:

Thank you for the words Lauren. That takes a strong person to say what you did.

We wish you and Mark all the best in Toronto. As the person who started the thread by posting Mark's tweet, I apologize profusely for insinuating what I did.

I hope you and Mark enjoy Toronto, and that Mark has great success (except against the Sox). You guys seem like two genuinely nice people with all the charity work you two do.

This sums it up perfectly.!

This thread along with the other one that start the whole discussion crack me up. I love the way so many people feel the need to reassure the obviously confident and self secure wife of a major league baseball player that she really really really is a really pretty lady (props to greg for the inspiration). Awesome.

On a related note, I will go one step further regarding the original tweet and what it meant. With all due respect to this thread starter, I am pretty confident it was about Oney. However, I think it was a very calculated action that was intended not so much to take a childish swipe at Oney but rather to deliberately provoke him.

I think Teahen is such a class act that he was willing to risk his spotless MLB reputation for a brief moment to flush out Oney and the Guillen family. It would not surprise me at all that Teahen was trying to do a service for his former White Sox teammates by provoking Oney, and hopefully Ozzie, to do something stupid again and get themselves fired and out of Chicago.

Look at how overwhelming the responses have been on this board against Oney. Even many Guillen apologists/supporters are lumping the two of them together and are calling for some type of reprimand or outright firing of Ozzie. I think Teahen is a smart guy and saw how disfunctional the clubhouse has been and believes the Guillen family circus is at the root of it all and possibly the far bigger cause for the team's mediocrity rather than KW's failures as a GM.

Maybe it is a silly conspiracy theory of mine, but the tweet just does not fit Teahen's personality and reputation.

Pants "Oliver Stone" Rowland.

Really? A pre-emptive tweet can set off a concussive domino effect that can lead to Ozzie getting fired? Sounds like a tangential plotline from Inception that was thrown out.

I've heard of the butterfly effect, but ... now it seems we're all reading way too much into this.

Edited by caulfield12

Mrs. Teahen,

Don't let something an immature punk kid said get to you. Did Mark play how he would have liked in Chicago? Of course not, but Mark did what every fan asks for, he played 110% every time he got the opportunity. It didn't work out, things happen. At the end of the day it is just a game, granted, a game that most of us take to seriously, but a game nonetheless. What's more important is what you guys do off the field, the different events and fundraisers that you and Mark are apart of. I wish you and Mark nothing but the best in Toronto, and I hope you don't think that we are all like Oney, because we are not.

Mike

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Pants "Oliver Stone" Rowland.

Really? A pre-emptive tweet can set off a concussive domino effect that can lead to Ozzie getting fired? Sounds like a tangential plotline from Inception that was thrown out.

I've heard of the butterfly effect, but ... now it seems we're all reading way too much into this.

Back, and to the left... back, and to the left... back, and to the left. LOL

Funny, after posting, I thought to myself, "or it was just something that the entire clubhouse wanted to be said for a long time and Teahen decided to be that guy."