A response....

Lauren.Teahen

That might be it.

When the reporters start asking AJ, Konerko and Buehrle for their reactions about the possibility of being involved in a waiver transaction in the next month...we'll see how forthcoming they are about the "state of the franchise" and their future/s with the club (Buehrle in particular).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
This feels completely legit.

Nobody has the time to write a disengenuous post of that length...

Mark Teahen has struggled to fulfill the expectations placed on him in Oakland and then with the Royals....no doubt. He had one really great 3-4 month stretch when I lived in Kansas City where I (and the entire city) thought he was going to just take off and be close to an All-Star caliber player at a position once occupied by George Brett (lots of pressure!). It just hasn't happened.

With all that said, from listening to Mark dealing with the media in Kansas City, he was always one of the best personalities on that team. KC is a great place to live and raise a family, and Mark's sense of humor worked perfectly in a market where people needed to have a sense of humor about an abysmal, but once proud franchise. He was always a breath of fresh air in a sea of Zack Greinke's to me.

From reading in the past couple of days, I've been even more impressed by a lot of the off-field/charitable work he has been involved with. When your husband has the salary he does, it makes it possible to do a world of good, and I'm sure that makes you feel grateful....to be in that position to help so many others, especially kids who just glow at the chance to meet any major league player (like Make A Wish Foundation).

You are better than any member of the Guillen family. It's incredibly unfortunate that you were bothered to the degree that you felt you had to respond. It's sad that many more posts the last 2-3 days have been devoted to childish sniping back and forth on the internet INSTEAD OF what looked like when the season began to be one of the most important series of the season, with the Red Sox/Yankees at USCF.

You have no reason to apologize for your appearance or height or skin complexion. I'm sure Mark loves you for all the right reasons, and nothing a little punk like Oney Guillen can ever say should cause you to question yourself like that (assuming it really is you).

It was a classy move to at least try to clarify your own side (and Mark's) of the whole situation, but it's really none of our business. But that's the nature of the media/social network world we live in today that these things end up happening over and over again with an organization I was once proud to support.

There are many many great White Sox fans out there (you would have seen that if you were in Chicago in 2005-2006), and don't let the pathetic acts of an immature, spoiled brat who's never been held accountable by anyone with the Sox to throw you off your game.

All of this. Plus I'd like to add a few more key notes.

1.) NOBODY has taken Oney's side. He is pretty much universally despised, whereas Teahen enjoys a great reputation as a kind and funny human being.

2.) Mrs. Teahen (I truly hope it's actually her to further solidify the Teahen family's classy reputation) referred to this as a non-story. That simply isn't the case. It's a story that is due to the repeated childish antics of Oney.

3.) Whether or not Mark was referring to Oney, and I'll believe that he wasn't, the statement was a PERFECT description of the situation of Ozzie and Oney. The funny part is that it was so accurate that Oney himself believed it to about him :D

4.) For what it's worth, the pictures I've seen show you to be a very attractive woman.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 07:06 AM)
I will invoke Occam's razor: mark teahen was referring to Oney Guillen

perception is reality and if the slightest chance he wasn't (and talking about some random person he knows) then why put it out there for thousands of people to see on twitter and not just a group email to his friends and close circle?

Mark took shots at Oney that included name calling and Oney responded. I am not in the least bit a fan of Oney or his malicious attacks and while I don't condone his style, Oney retaliated and went below the belt...as he always does.

Lauren, you are by no means unattractive and man-like and while your response here was heartfelt and genuine, your real response should be to your husband to have a filter and not start some public mudslinging with an immature kid that does not know any better and refuses to acknowledge his own warts.

Good luck to you and your family.

This is exactly how I feel about this. In no way do I condone what Oney said or think any of its true but this doesnt happen if Mark doesnt open this can of worms.

The only victim in this situation is Mrs T. but she isnt just a victim of an immature brat in Oney Guillen, she is also a victim of her husbands childish actions that brought this negative attention to their family.

I have no problem piling on Oney for being a jackass in this situation or any other but I feel coming on here and saying Marks comments werent directed at him (Oney) insults our intelligence. At the end of the day the cause and effect of this whole situation appears to be very obvious, so if you want to avoid stuff like this maybe stay off twitter.

Id compare it to the fan who threw the cup at Ron Artest that sparked the Malice at the Palace. Is Artest a nut job and did he go way too far? Sure. But that doesnt happen if you dont throw a cup at him. Basically I guess my point is, dont feed the animals.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
All of this. Plus I'd like to add a few more key notes.

1.) NOBODY has taken Oney's side. He is pretty much universally despised, whereas Teahen enjoys a great reputation as a kind and funny human being.

2.) Mrs. Teahen (I truly hope it's actually her to further solidify the Teahen family's classy reputation) referred to this as a non-story. That simply isn't the case. It's a story that is due to the repeated childish antics of Oney.

3.) Whether or not Mark was referring to Oney, and I'll believe that he wasn't, the statement was a PERFECT description of the situation of Ozzie and Oney. The funny part is that it was so accurate that Oney himself believed it to about him :D

4.) For what it's worth, the pictures I've seen show you to be a very attractive woman.

Woah woah woah, she's married now, come on...keep your flirtations to the PMs. J/K

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
This thread along with the other one that start the whole discussion crack me up. I love the way so many people feel the need to reassure the obviously confident and self secure wife of a major league baseball player that she really really really is a really pretty lady (props to greg for the inspiration). Awesome.

On a related note, I will go one step further regarding the original tweet and what it meant. With all due respect to this thread starter, I am pretty confident it was about Oney. However, I think it was a very calculated action that was intended not so much to take a childish swipe at Oney but rather to deliberately provoke him.

I think Teahen is such a class act that he was willing to risk his spotless MLB reputation for a brief moment to flush out Oney and the Guillen family. It would not surprise me at all that Teahen was trying to do a service for his former White Sox teammates by provoking Oney, and hopefully Ozzie, to do something stupid again and get themselves fired and out of Chicago.

Look at how overwhelming the responses have been on this board against Oney. Even many Guillen apologists/supporters are lumping the two of them together and are calling for some type of reprimand or outright firing of Ozzie. I think Teahen is a smart guy and saw how disfunctional the clubhouse has been and believes the Guillen family circus is at the root of it all and possibly the far bigger cause for the team's mediocrity rather than KW's failures as a GM.

Maybe it is a silly conspiracy theory of mine, but the tweet just does not fit Teahen's personality and reputation.

What's wrong with being nice?

She said she was bothered by Oney commenting on her looks.

What's wrong with telling a nice lady that she is pretty. I spoke the truth. I've seen nothing to indicate in pix anything but the fact she is pretty. And I like the tall volleyball player look. A lot of people do. Oney is probably under 6 foot isn't he?

If Oney can make a lady upset saying she is ugly, why can't we be nice and rally on the pretty side?

Why does the anonymity of the Internet have to lead one into a cesspool of negativity all the time. What's wrong with being the anti-Oney here even if we are not public figures and speaking to a confident public figure?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:44 PM)
Because appearance should have nothing to do with anything here.

Read her post.

Read how she signed the post.

Uh, appearance has A LOT to do with her post! It has a lot to do with everything here.

She's a good looking lady and who cares what Oney thinks? She did obviously if yu reread her post.

QUOTE (Carlo Paz @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Whether or not the poster actually IS Mark Teahen's wife, I thought the consensus based on the available photographs was that Mrs. Teahen was generally considered a pretty hot babe.

edit:

Yep...hot babe

http://laurelaustin.files.wordpress.com/20...16-dsc_4523.jpg

Yup, she's pretty adorable. I don't think anyone at Soxtalk felt differently?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
Read her post.

Read how she signed the post.

Uh, appearance has A LOT to do with her post! It has a lot to do with everything here.

She's a good looking lady and who cares what Oney thinks? She did obviously if yu reread her post.

I think Balta's point is that whether she is attractive or not has nothing to do with it. Even if she was not what most people consider to be an attractive woman, Oney's statements would still be incredibly offensive and inappropriate.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I think Balta's point is that whether she is attractive or not has nothing to do with it. Even if she was not what most people consider to be an attractive woman, Oney's statements would still be incredibly offensive and inappropriate.

Don't mind greg. He only understands literal interpretations of things. He's the same person that would think that Ozzie did a great job in a particular game even if he made several incredibly terrible decisions and we somehow won the game in spite of them. 'A win' = 'Ozzie did an excellent job managing' in greg's mind.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 05:52 PM)

thank you

It's almost more amusing to think how much outrage there would be against Oney had Mrs. Teahen been as Oney described here.

We've talked so much of hyperbole here this summer, and his description was just a "cheap shot" hyperbolic/exaggerated description of her.

The reality is in that clubhouse, the woman who's the "7-8.5" on a 10 scale isn't good enough because the way MOST NFL, NBA and MLB players judge women is almost completely superficial. Oney was raised and still seems to be caught up in that "machisimo-driven" Latin American culture, which teaches the men that "men prefer girls who are beautiful (modelos) but brutas (dumb)" and Oney would be challenged by any relationship with a woman who's educated, confident, strong, athletic and well-rounded. That's the kind of woman that's harder for someone like him to dominate and control.

What would be even more interesting would be to see how Oney reacted to criticism of his "groupies" or girlfriend/s.

And the way Oney thinks, unfortunately, is pretty common. It's just rare to see it articulated. Just watch all the groupies and "trophy wives" in the players' boxes and you'll notice that quite a few of them are out of the same cookie-cutter mold.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
What would be even more interesting would be to see how Oney reacted to criticism of his "groupies" or girlfriend/s.

Do you really think Oney has groupies???? Well, I guess, if he has some of Daddy's money, I'm sure some women would follow that around unfortunately.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
Don't mind greg. He only understands literal interpretations of things. He's the same person that would think that Ozzie did a great job in a particular game even if he made several incredibly terrible decisions and we somehow won the game in spite of them. 'A win' = 'Ozzie did an excellent job managing' in greg's mind.

I'm missing something here.

Somebody blasted me for telling Mrs. Teahen she looked good instead of the way Oney described her.

Then somebody said looks had nothing to do with it even though most of her post was about looks.

She thanked me for the compliment in one of her ensuing posts.

What am I missing here? Where did I become evil again?

Kill this post if it takes the thread in a weird direction but what is goin on ?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
It's almost more amusing to think how much outrage there would be against Oney had Mrs. Teahen been as Oney described here.

We've talked so much of hyperbole here this summer, and his description was just a "cheap shot" hyperbolic/exaggerated description of her.

The reality is in that clubhouse, the woman who's the "7-8.5" on a 10 scale isn't good enough because the way MOST NFL, NBA and MLB players judge women is almost completely superficial. Oney was raised and still seems to be caught up in that "machisimo-driven" Latin American culture, which teaches the men that "men prefer girls who are beautiful (modelos) but brutas (dumb)" and Oney would be challenged by any relationship with a woman who's educated, confident, strong, athletic and well-rounded. That's the kind of woman that's harder for someone like him to dominate and control.

And the way Oney thinks, unfortunately, is pretty common. It's just rare to see it articulated. Just watch all the groupies and "trophy wives" in the players' boxes and you'll notice that quite a few of them are out of the same cookie-cutter mold.

or you could look at posts on soxtalk

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)

Somebody blasted me for telling Mrs. Teahen she looked good instead of the way Oney described her.

Then somebody said looks had nothing to do with it even though most of her post was about looks.

Kill this post if it takes the thread in a weird direction but what is goin on ?

It's just BigSqwert using another opportunity to insult a member of this forum.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Do you really think Oney has groupies???? Well, I guess, if he has some of Daddy's money, I'm sure some women would follow that around unfortunately.

I think the Midwest term for those are Peckergnats....

The point is, it doesn't matter what she looks like. What Oney did is wrong whether she is attractive or not. I don't think she came her to get people to tell her she was pretty. And you did kinda go on about how good looking she was with her bangin' volleyball body. I mean she is a married woman.

I think the point was that her response was not her saying, "I'm not ugly" but rather, "It's insulting to have someone associated with my husband's former team saying I'm ugly." I don't think Mrs. Teahen needs 45 guys on SoxTalk to says she's attractive. It's obvious enough that she is. She's not looking for reassurance regarding her looks. She's saying what most of us were already saying. Oney Guillen is a childish moron who needs to think twice before posting stuff about a player's wife. Why wouldn't Oney say something about Mark? It's like when we were kids saying crap about each other's mothers. But we were kids...Oney is not.

LOL Greg, it's all good. Let me say that if anyone didn't think she was attractive they certainly should just keep it to themselves. It is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder as she said, so let's leave it at that. The compliments Soxtalk is giving her is great but I think the larger issue is clearly Mark was prodding Oney in his Tweet. I think for her to think she could convince us otherwise is laughable. I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. And yes, for the record, I feel for her to get caught up in all of this. All that said it's too bad what's happened and it's yet another failure of this organization. Could the White Sox be more embarrassing this year? Also, any truth to the rumor the soup nazi said "no runs for you" to Ozzie/Walker last night?

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 3, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
It's just BigSqwert using another opportunity to insult a member of this forum.

The "insult" is an opinion held by probably 99% of the posters on the site. I'd say much worse about that poster if I could do it without being suspended or banned.

I plead with every poster to PLEASE just ignore him.