Spiff

clujer420

Since you have a picture of Jeremy Shockey in your signature, and you seem to be so pro-gay, I thought you should know something. He was being interviewed recently, and the interviewer was talking to him about Bill Parcells. Jeremy said (cut and pasted from ESPN.com)...

"He says he quits, then he wants to come back and coach," Shockey said in the interview. "Do something. Stay in commentary or stay in football or get the hell out of everybody's life. Let's see how much Parcells wins this year," Shockey is quoted as saying about the former Giants coach in the magazine issue that will be released Monday. "I'll make him pay when we play them. The homo."

And before you say "Well, athletes get roped into saying stuff all the time, he didn't really mean it", take a look at some of his comments made in late 2002 when asked about gays in the NFL.

Cut and pasted from www.outsports.com ...

There are presently no openly gay players in the NFL. New York Giants rookie tight end Jeremy Shockey hopes it stays that way.

In a Sept. 10 interview on The Howard Stern radio show, Shockey was asked on-air by producer Gary Del 'Abate if he thought there were any gay players in the NFL.

"I don't know, I don't like to think about that. I hope not," Shockey said.

When asked if he ever dealt with any gay teammates on his college football team, Shockey gave a somewhat confusing answer:

"No, I mean, if I knew there was a gay guy on my college football team, I probably wouldn't, you know, stand for it."

Stern's sidekick Robin Quivers replied: " How could you not stand for it? What do you mean?"

Shockey said, "You know, I think, you know, they're going to be in the shower with us and stuff, so I don't think that's gonna work. That's not gonna work, you know?"

--------------------

Added Shockey: "The show is at 7:30 in the morning and it's just to entertain people that just wake up. I definitely wouldn't say anything like that on a more serious show, like '2-0/20.' So I guess you could say it was a mistake on my part and I'm not prejudiced against anybody's beliefs. It's Howard Stern. He sets you up in bad situations. I'll know next time."

I'm glad to see he's a man who takes responsibility for his actions

So, my question to you is how much longer will you promote a man who "wouldn't stand" for someone being gay?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0808/1592493.html

Guest hotsoxchick1

leave it on there till he finds someone better looking for us to eye....... :D and before anyone blows this out of porportion.. he looks damn fine... but that in no way means i condone what he says........... ;)

i suggest you get a life. i never said the man was a genius. i like the way he plays the game of football, he is a good player, he is one of my favorites because he is on the giants. the end.

i agree with everything except "favorite player cuz he's on the giants", just cuz i'm not a giants fan

he's a badass

wouldn't mind getting em in at least one of my fantasy leagues either.

I think Shockey and Rocker share the same brain. As far as I'm concerned, who cares what an athlete says, it's what they do on the field. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. In this day and age everyone needs to grow thicker skin.

Quoting from the Howard Stern show. :rolleyes:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,2742,00.html

Just because you live in a communist country that does not allow freedom of speech, don't go bashing a show just because it's controversial. Shockey said what he said regardless of the venue, and your "Stern's show is not credible" argument is BS because he's said it more than once. Wait, maybe the interview was scripted and those lines by Jeremy were written by Fred and Stuttering John.

Well holy crap. Isnt this a coincidence? I was about to post basically the same thing earlier clu. But I thought it would only start a fight kinda like this thread has so I gave it up...

Yes, seems that calling people for being hypocrites makes them angry. Guess that's something those people will have to work out with their psychiatrists.

I do find it funny that cwsox likes Eminem and spiff likes Shockey. Two pro gay people liking two huge homophobes... :lol:

wtf I am pro-gay because I don't like people following other people around and calling them gay all the time? wow, how terrible of me. having a shockey signature is so much worse than the people who are actually following others around and calling them gay.

the bottom line is this. what you two nimrods can't seem to understand is that never in putting shockey in my sig did i declare my subscription to the Jeremy Shockey school of thought. never did i say modeled myself after him, never did i say i agreed with 100% of the things he says and does. all i said (not verbally, though most people i believe can pick this up) is that he was a good player, one of my favorite players.

look at your sig, you have tara reid. and even though tara reid likes having sex with men, that doesn't mean you like to also (to the best of my knowledge). you like her because she's hot, not because of her philosiphies on life. clujer has a metallica sig apparently because he likes their music, but metallica is a bunch of annoying whiny b****es the rest of the time. this doesn't mean that clujer is an annoying, whiny--alright maybe that was a bad example, but you get my point.

if i could take back shockey calling parcells a homo, i probably would (though that is another can of worms, as shockey denies ever saying it and there has yet to be cold, hard evidence presented proving that he did. but when it comes to kobe nobody can go five seconds without clujer reminding people he hasn't been proven guilty). but that doesn't mean i still can't like the way he plays football.

and as for being "not anti-gay", if you want to crucify me for that, go right ahead buddy. i wasn't aware that was such a deplorable character trait.

if i could take back shockey calling parcells a homo, i probably would (though that is another can of worms, as shockey denies ever saying it and there has yet to be cold, hard evidence presented proving  that he did. but when it comes to kobe nobody can go five seconds without clujer reminding people he hasn't been proven guilty). but that doesn't mean i still can't like the way he plays football.

You'd be right except for one thing -- previous actions. Jeremy Shockey has a history of running his punkass mouth off, and more than once he's made degrading remarks about homosexuals. Kobe, on the other hand, had a SQUEAKY clean image prior to a few weeks ago. Shockey made his initial anti-gay comments on Howard, which is heard in dozens of cities and by about 20 million listeners every morning. Kobe, on the other hand again, was in a hotel room with 1 other person. Only they know what happened. And yes, I point out that he is innocent until proven guilty because that's one of the things our legal system is based upon.

Nice try though.

You'd be right except for one thing -- previous actions.  Jeremy Shockey has a history of running his punkass mouth off, and more than once he's made degrading remarks about homosexuals.  Kobe, on the other hand, had a SQUEAKY clean image prior to a few weeks ago.  Shockey made his initial anti-gay comments on Howard, which is heard in dozens of cities and by about 20 million listeners every morning.  Kobe, on the other hand again, was in a hotel room with 1 other person.  Only they know what happened.  And yes, I point out that he is innocent until proven guilty because that's one of the things our legal system is based upon.

Nice try though.

so what shockey has said in the past presents an M.O., doesn't mean he called parcells a homo this time. either way there's been no indisputable evidence, and that is one of the things our legal system is based on.

nice try though.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,2742,00.html

Just because you live in a communist country that does not allow freedom of speech, don't go bashing a show just because it's controversial.  Shockey said what he said regardless of the venue, and your "Stern's show is not credible" argument is BS because he's said it more than once.  Wait, maybe the interview was scripted and those lines by Jeremy were written by Fred and Stuttering John.

Yes I must have bashed the show in this thread somewhere. Right and I'm a Commie and a queer.

More on Shockey...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0809/1593056.html

He "doesn't think" he called Parcells a homo. He thinks it "might" have been a friend of his. He's "not 100% sure" he didn't say it". :rolleyes:

Time for Mr. Shockey to grow up and be a professional. His HS days are supposed to be behind him.

More on Shockey...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0809/1593056.html

He "doesn't think" he called Parcells a homo.  He thinks it "might" have been a friend of his.  He's "not 100% sure" he didn't say it". :rolleyes:

Time for Mr. Shockey to grow up and be a professional.  His HS days are supposed to be behind him.

"Time for you to grow up." You might want to look in the mirror, Clujer.

And if you're a fan of "innocent until proven guilty", you weren't in the interview room yet you are 100% sure he is guilty of making the statement. Just like nobody was in the room with Kobe and the woman, nobody knows what really went on except for Shockey and the interviewer and whomever else was in the room where the interview was held.