Hey Soxtalk! You just made ESPN Chicago

Chisoxrd5

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 03:20 PM)
SS2k,

I know you guys are joking, but its statements like that which can be taken out of context to defeat our claim that "things like that are never said."

Which goes back to my original point, I try to not use words like "never" because all it takes is 1 example and you lose.

It is obvious that I am mocking the idea there. I'll go back and add green though.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 03:30 PM)
I give him credit, then. I don't believe many within the media feel the need to held accountable. And let's face it, we're a small minority of his readership; he could have easily brushed us off.

I do admire him more because of his willingness to not only discuss, but fix the article. Not all media people are willing to do that.

Kudos to Jon Greenberg. You aren't always going to get it right, but the willingness to fix it is important.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:30 AM)

The get outta here Mexican is bulls*** from Ozzie jr. One the "mods" aren't gonna allow it, and I would get offended too, being Latino. If he really did look he would have seen my avatar with my flags. So Ozzie jr is trying to get attention

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:52 AM)
We have a problem here, Ozzie Jr.

Nobody ever goes racial on here. It doesn't happen.

People despise Ozzie (me and a couple others love him and want a lifetime contract for him) on here, but nobody says anything like you were quoted as saying.

The site mods should try their best to contact that writer or Ozzie Jr.

There never was any post about go away you Mexican. That is bulls***.

There have been no racist threads on here since I've been here. If there were I'd leave forever.

This and the bolded part especially. I don't think really anyone on this site would go there. I doubt it.

I'm wondering if its considered derrogatory for Venezuelans to call someone Mexican. Ozzie once called himself a crazy Mexican, and now Jr. implies people are tough on his dad by calling him Mexican. It would be ironic if they were the ones using racial slurs. I don't have any idea. I will say, people saying they want Ozzie or his family dead even if joking is absolutely crossing the line as is anything ethnic or racial. To me, if you were going out to suck back some beers, Ozzie would be my #1 choice if I could choose anyone in the White Sox organization. I just think his time making out the line up card should be ova.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)
I'm wondering if its considered derrogatory for Venezuelans to call someone Mexican. Ozzie once called himself a crazy Mexican, and now Jr. implies people are tough on his dad by calling him Mexican. It would be ironic if they were the ones using racial slurs. I don't have any idea. I will say, people saying they want Ozzie or his family dead even if joking is absolutely crossing the line as is anything ethnic or racial. To me, if you were going out to suck back some beers, Ozzie would be my #1 choice if I could choose anyone in the White Sox organization. I just think his time making out the line up card should be ova.

Several ethnicities including Puerto Ricans think its derogatory to be called Mexican.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 07:35 PM)
Several ethnicities including Puerto Ricans think its derogatory to be called Mexican.

It's all history, puertoricans and mexicans don't really get along