9 games that got away

fathom

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:48 AM)
Why not pick 9 games where Dunn struck out with men on

Why not pick 9 games that Rios went 0 for 4

Why not pick 9 games that Pierre sucked

Why not pick 9 games that the bullpen blew in April

Why not pick 9 games that were lost to injury

lots of ways to blame everyone for this season

You also pick out 9 games we didn't deserve to win pretty easily too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
I don't think anyone's assigned the "Most" blame to the easily replaceable guy. You say that like this site hasn't come down hard on Pierre, Dunn, Rios constantly.

If Ozzie Guillen is losing games and his team isn't responding to him, then he shouldn't be here.

There are decisions Guillen has made that other managers would not have made that are directly responsible for wins (sticking with Pierre when everyone wanted his head, and then he hits three GW hits)

I'm having trouble identifying a single example in which Adam Dunn won this team a game.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
There are decisions Guillen has made that other managers would not have made that are directly responsible for wins (sticking with Pierre when everyone wanted his head, and then he hits three GW hits)

I'm having trouble identifying a single example in which Adam Dunn won this team a game.

That's because Adam Bum hasn't contributed a damn thing to this team.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

Well, then blame Ozzie for keeping him in the 4th spot all year, as well as letting him face LHP.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...201106120.shtml

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...201107040.shtml

And who's to say that replacement player doesn't win us a couple games during that period when Juan was horrible? Waiting for him to not suck may have been a net loss.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 11:33 AM)
And who's to say that replacement player doesn't win us a couple games during that period when Juan was horrible? Waiting for him to not suck may have been a net loss.

It doesn't work like that. There is no way that Pierre comes out of that funk without CONSTANT at-bats. Anything to make it seem like less of Ozzie's fault.

I don't know how to make it green on my phone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
I want to see a list of the 9 moves that got away, moves that helped KW ruin the franchise.

I don't think there were nine moves that "ruined" the franchise. Honestly, There's only a handful of trades/signings I can think of that were really bad. And don't start squawking about the Dunn signing. No one, not even Adam Dunn, could have seen what's going on now. Most of the "bad" moves look bad because of hindsight, at least in my opinion.

Ozzie makes bad in-game decisions, and that's what this thread was started about.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
I want to see a list of the 9 moves that got away, moves that helped KW ruin the franchise.

I'll say Kenny has been fortunate, that he hasn't been burned on trades. I think one of the worst was the swisher deal

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 02:28 PM)
I'll say Kenny has been fortunate, that he hasn't been burned on trades. I think one of the worst was the swisher deal

Yes, that wasn't a good one. The one that sticks in my head is the Todd Ritchie deal...although I remember someone saying that was someone else's doing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 10:06 AM)
Well, then blame Ozzie for keeping him in the 4th spot all year, as well as letting him face LHP.

That has to be the biggest offense for termination. Having your worst hitter sandwiched between your most productive hitters doesn't really help Konerko or Quentin.