Anyone want to go to Cubs game tmrw or Sat/Sun in Minnesota?

caulfield12

No, I'm not crazy.

I have only been to two games in Wrigley Field in my lifetime. Once was my first game (ever) in 1979, Cubs/Cardinals. And then one other time when my best friends were going to school at Northwestern (must have been 1990-1992) and there wasn't a Sox game that day so we just rode the EL down from Evanston.

I am ONLY (and very theoretically) going to a Cubs' game because 1) I miss baseball, haven't been to any game in person since May, 2009, 2) the Cubs are actually playing well, 3) I will wear my original "Sosa 25" authentic Sox road jersey, lol.

Actually, I have to get pages added to my passport for the 2nd time (11 am appointment) and then go to the Chinese Consulate on East Erie Street for my work visa...so I was thinking I might be waiting around all day/afternoon with nothing to do. Otherwise, it's shopping I guess on Michigan Avenue. Or to see a movie like "Change Up" or whatever's coming out tomorrow.

I've also never been to games in Milwaukee or Minnesota. Everyone I know says the MIL ballpark doesn't feel like a real outdoor game/experience (even with the roof completely open), so I was thinking of doing the crazy/insane and road tripping to Minnesota for Saturday/Sunday games.

I would like to see TARGET FIELD at least once, but I'm not sure how easy it will be to get tickets since they're technically always sold out these last two years, especially weekend games against their hated rivals (that they're 29-7 against since May 09) the White Sox. But since the Twins are 8 games back and just lost 2/3 to the Angels, it might be possible to get decent seats.

If anyone is insane enough to do either, call me (563-359-1504, I don't have a cellphone in the US) or leave me a private message here or e-mail me at [email protected].

Maybe nobody wants to see another White Sox loss (on the road in "Twins Territory" to boot), but it would be better to suffer with fellow White Sox fans, haha.

Or Greg and I can report live from a Royals/Sox game next weekend. Greg, up for a game? Haven't been to a Royals/Sox game either since 2006 or 2007. Want to see how that stadium looks like after all the renovations, especially the outfield concourse.

Was going through my old baseball card collection and found two Kenny Williams autographs and one of DJ with the Quad City Cubs from 1982, haha. At least they signed my cards, there's that. Of course, so did Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro, Canseco, Roberto Alomar and Gary Sheffield. I guess it's cool to have Tony Gwynn, Gary Carter, Willie McGee, Lance Johnson, Brooks Robinson, Jimmy Piersall, Claudell Washington (1979 Topps, the very first one and what turned me into a White Sox fan), Sweet Lou Whitaker, Dunston, Andre Dawson, Cecil Cooper, Saberhagen, Ivan Calderon (favorite player in late 80's), Andres Galarraga, Harold Reynolds, Devon White, BJ Surhoff, Benito Santiago, Barry Larkin and Ellis Burks. Memories. And, for some reason, I had about 50 Hensley Bam Bam Meulens rookie cards. That turned into quite the bust. Typical Yankees' prospect.

Ty Griffin, what was I thinking? Steve Sax? Cory Snyder?

Edited by caulfield12