Rios actually thinks he can improve his hitting stance

chisoxfan09

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 04:03 AM)
Here we go again. I remember a year or two ago, the Jays commentators called Rios the owner of a thousand different stances. I dunno how a guy can change his stance that many times over the course of his career. But, I guess whatever it takes to get out of this funk should be attempted. Atleast he's trying to change what makes him suck instead of staying the same. Let's hope he can figure things out and contribute next year.

Frustrated with Rios? I know the feeling, but changing your stance or approach at the plate has worked for some of the better hitters. If we keep Rios, which after the season may or may not happen, measn that you want someone who produces. I don't doubt at all that Alex wants to do better and I hope he can recover from his fragile ego issues , if in fact that is an issue with him, and produce the next couple months. I sure liked what Is aw in the series versus the Twins.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
I am a Rioist. AlexRios resurrected from the Mendoza line. I believe.

Do you measn you support Rios / If you do there isn't anything wrong with that. If he hits and plays like he did in 2010 for the sox I am on his side too. Probably more folks would be as it seems a player is only as good as what he did for us TODAY!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
Do you measn you support Rios / If you do there isn't anything wrong with that. If he hits and plays like he did in 2010 for the sox I am on his side too. Probably more folks would be as it seems a player is only as good as what he did for us TODAY!

Yes, I am giving him my full support. I think that he has figured out what he needed to do. Of course, I want him to hit way above the Mendoza line. I am just saying that he was nearly falling to that line but he has rebounded...resurrected himself. Hopefully, now he is moving upward to the Ted Williams line. lol!