Zach Stewart called up

TheChrisSamsa

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
I guess I was wondering if he's at the Humber stage of his career entering tonight.

No, Stewart's much younger and has never even come close to getting a shot. He made his big league debut earlier this year, probably ahead of schedule, and had 2 decent outings in 3 tries.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:40 PM)
Is this Stewart guy still considered a hot prospect?

KW was bragging him up. But, I am still tempted to point out that many of our top pitching prospects were traded away so we have to believe Toronto's is the answer. But, we will see. I can only wish Stewart good luck and hope he brings a win to the Sox. I will watch this game on WGN

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
KW was bragging him up. But, I am still tempted to point out that many of our top pitching prospects were traded away so we have to believe Toronto's is the answer. But, we will see. I can only wish Stewart good luck and hope he brings a win to the Sox. I will watch this game on WGN

Of course he was. He isn't going to trade for a guy and then tell everyone that he sucks.

They even tried to "hype" Marquez as being a future back of the rotation guy when he was acquired as the "centerpiece" of the Swisher deal.

No way they're going to compare Stewart to, I don't know, Sean Tracey.

Heck, I still remember KW "spinning" all the positives of Felix Diaz and Jon Adkins back in the day. This is no different.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
They even tried to "hype" Marquez as being a future back of the rotation guy when he was acquired as the "centerpiece" of the Swisher deal.

No way they're going to compare Stewart to, I don't know, Sean Tracey.

Heck, I still remember KW "spinning" all the positives of Felix Diaz and Jon Adkins back in the day. This is no different.

And I remember KW spinning how happy he was to get Gavin Floyd and Jon Danks.

Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Humber, Stewart, Sale all potential starters next year. Gotta still dump salary so that means MB or JP will or should go. Cheap guys Humber, Sale, Stewart stay though Stewart is no lock to make the team let alone the starting 5. Pierre should be gone so DeAza and Viciedo make the team. Most likely traded is Danks.

So does KW load up on more pitching or try for a bat ? At what position can we get a bat ? I'd say KW will be trying like hell to get rid of one of the big salaries of Peavy, Dunn, Konerko, Buehrle, Rios. Konerko and MB are Sox icons so unless KW can rid himself of JP, Rios or Dunn then I'm guessing Danks will be traded. I like Morel . He seems to be hanging in there and learning how to hit better and love his glove. Beckham who knows . The team should look dramatically different next year and more so if Ozzie is fired as he should be ,taking Walker with him. Have to keep Cooper.

I think we still have the means to compete next year . I know the Twins are bad but they've still had our number for a while and with guys like De Aza and Stewart leading the way we have turned the corner against them. Quentin might be moved also but would hate to lose him. Guys like him and Danks are sell high candidates and could restock or minors or get MLB ready players.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 11:34 PM)
Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Peavy, Humber, Stewart, Sale all potential starters next year. Gotta still dump salary so that means MB or JP will or should go. Cheap guys Humber, Sale, Stewart stay though Stewart is no lock to make the team let alone the starting 5. Pierre should be gone so DeAza and Viciedo make the team. Most likely traded is Danks.

So does KW load up on more pitching or try for a bat ? At what position can we get a bat ? I'd say KW will be trying like hell to get rid of one of the big salaries of Peavy, Dunn, Konerko, Buehrle, Rios. Konerko and MB are Sox icons so unless KW can rid himself of JP, Rios or Dunn then I'm guessing Danks will be traded. I like Morel . He seems to be hanging in there and learning how to hit better and love his glove. Beckham who knows . The team should look dramatically different next year and more so if Ozzie is fired as he should be ,taking Walker with him. Have to keep Cooper.

I think we still have the means to compete next year . I know the Twins are bad but they've still had our number for a while and with guys like De Aza and Stewart leading the way we have turned the corner against them. Quentin might be moved also but would hate to lose him. Guys like him and Danks are sell high candidates and could restock or minors or get MLB ready players.

Imagine if you're the GM of another team. Would you trade for Jake Peavy (at that salary and the buyout) based on what you've seen out of him the last 3 years?

That would be almost as gutsy as picking up Alex Rios. The main difference is 1 year of risk versus six.

But there's no way Peavy won't be on the opening day roster along with Dunn.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
According to Ozzie, Stewart will make this start, then likely 1 more start and then head to the bullpen, moving back to a 5 man rotation.

That is fine with me. I want him up here around Cooper for the next couple of months either way.