Quentin out of lineup...Rios in.

Wanne

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
How can Ozzie justify playing Rios for any reason? I don't give a s*** if Carlos was 0-35 against Pavano. Rios is literally the worst everyday player in baseball and stopped hustling a long time ago. What kind of a brain dead manager is this? It's obvious he's trying to get fired.

How the hell can you get cute and play matchups with one of your 2 only good hitters? And to replace him with a no good piece of garbage like Rios?! WTF. This buffoon would probably replace Pujols with Rios if given the opportunity.

Get used to it. Rios will be in the lineup for many moons to come.

As will Dunn.

Sox were willing to pay these guys long term; we'll have to suffer watching them long term.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Get used to it. Rios will be in the lineup for many moons to come.

As will Dunn.

Sox were willing to pay these guys long term; we'll have to suffer watching them long term.

He may be in the lineup for several years...but he shouldn't be in there now.

A long benching and move to backup status is the right move right now. Playing once, maybe twice a week at most. Earns his way back if we're content with the level of work that is put in off of the diamond and how he performs/hustles while on the diamond.

Dunn, I'm convinced, is in some awkward mental state or is doing something different that has caused him to be this bad. NL to AL makes no difference, NO ONE who's as consistent a HR hitter as Dunn is (or any other player for that matter) just all of a sudden can't hit at all... not after tallying his numbers up. I still feel hopeful at some point during his tenure here he will find his magic again and turn it back around. Why? Because it's perfectly logical.

Rios on the other hand? Not so much. We already know what the problem is with him and I doubt it changes anytime soon.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 06:43 PM)
Dunn, I'm convinced, is in some awkward mental state or is doing something different that has caused him to be this bad. NL to AL makes no difference, NO ONE who's as consistent a HR hitter as Dunn is (or any other player for that matter) just all of a sudden can't hit at all... not after tallying his numbers up. I still feel hopeful at some point during his tenure here he will find his magic again and turn it back around. Why? Because it's perfectly logical.

Rios on the other hand? Not so much. We already know what the problem is with him and I doubt it changes anytime soon.

Trouble with that last statement is...Rios actually did have a successful, if not dominant first half last year, keyed by an awesome month of may. There's just as much reason to believe that the problem can change with him as with Dunn, and Hell, Rios is younger.

Trouble with that last statement is...Rios actually did have a successful, if not dominant first half last year, keyed by an awesome month of may. There's just as much reason to believe that the problem can change with him as with Dunn, and Hell, Rios is younger.

Except Rios has had a reputation for a WHILE now of simply not caring anymore. Can anyone MAKE him care again? Less likely than Dunn recovering, IMO.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
Except Rios has had a reputation for a WHILE now of simply not caring anymore. Can anyone MAKE him care again? Less likely than Dunn recovering, IMO.

He's put up an .800 OPS without caring before.

I could live with that.