8/6 gamethread

JoshPR

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:09 PM)
Take a look at John Lackey's contract. 5 years, $82 mil. He had a career ERA of 3.80, pitching in a better pitchers park than Chicago (Anaheim), he's a righty while Danks is a lefty, and Danks is going to hit free agency 3 years younger than Lackey.

Well ERA is around the same, but Lackey's record was far better (102-71), and he won a World Series and won the AL ERA title in 07. I say the case with Danks is u give 10-12 million per year, if not you show him the door (maybe u put an option of 13 or 14 million like in the 5th year or something)

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Well ERA is around the same, but Lackey's record was far better (102-71), and he won a World Series and won the AL ERA title in 07. I say the case with Danks is u give 10-12 million per year, if not you show him the door (maybe u put an option of 13 or 14 million like in the 5th year or something)

If Jon Danks hit the FA market this offseason, He'd get $15-17 a year for 5-7 years.

If he would sign for 10-12 million a year under any circumstances, he'd have been extended by the Sox 2 years ago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:19 PM)
If Jon Danks hit the FA market this offseason, He'd get $15-17 a year for 5-7 years.

If he would sign for 10-12 million a year under any circumstances, he'd have been extended by the Sox 2 years ago.

That's ridiculous, an under .500 pitcher getting that much money.

Don't y'all just love NL 2.0?

I rarely go to the Wrigley Field but I'd consider going on Guillen's first trip to Chicago with the Marlins next year.

And somebody please tell me the Marlins are on the schedule to play the Cell next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:22 PM)
Didn't Crain work a couple extra nights already this week?

Crain only pitched 2 innings in the month of August. But hey, Frasor got the job done. But an interesting move by Ozzie tho.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
That's ridiculous, an under .500 pitcher getting that much money.

Stop it with this W-L bulls***. Most of wins and losses is out of the starting pitcher's control. It's completely useless to use in evaluating a pitcher.