WS WINNA!

knightni

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
Post of the Day from startribune.com sports

"While we loyal fans get fleeced to the tune of $168.00 per case of beer, $56.00 per pound of hot dogs and whatever else overpriced food and beverage we purchase, plus the ticket for the game, I think we should get a little more entertainment for that much $$$$$. When the between inning video board is the highlight of the target field experience , I scratch my head in wonder. Oh Berts California math tells me our favorite Joe made approx $400,000.00 for his 4 at bats tonight. Instead of trying to book a concert the twins should book a rodeo, with all the b.s. thrown about by the manager, and management they should fit in nicely. Does anybody know if there is any decention in the clubhouse with Gardy and Joe hawking different dairys? With Slowey probably coming back, doesn' that give the guys another Guitar for there kumbayah campfire singalong. I'd like to comment on the baseball but haven't seen much in the last week."

What the hell is decention?

dissent/arguing/turmoil/chaos

dissension in the ranks, lack of institutional control, mutiny, etc.

basically, the Toronto managerial situation with what's his face...?

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/odds/

Current playoff odds for White Sox at 11.5% (about .500 and 2nd place ahead of Indians predicted)

Still better than 18 other organizations in major league baseball.

Edited by caulfield12