8/7 Gamethread Sox vs Twins

JoshPR

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Having Rios come out of his long, long drought is awesome! It's beginning to look like a good thing now that we didn't trade him.

Dude, no one would have traded for him, no one would trade for him now.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
I don't think that was walker....

Really?!? Come on...as much as I dislike Greg Walker...don't think Rios did this on his own. Just sad it took this long.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
I don't know if I'd want to trade him now. With the adjustments he's made and the way he's hitting the ball now, he may raise his average to .240 or so by the end of the season.

if someone would take his entire contract, the Sox would be insane to hold onto him. He could hit 15 HR the rest of the year and that wouldn't change that reality.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
I see, it was time travel. Last year's Rios from May time traveled to this week to give this Rios some time off

Didn't say he was gonna do some things on his own? Coincedence? If it was walker why take so long to figure it out?

I actually kind of like Flowers. That wasn't a great at-bat, but he's got some patience, can hit the ball hard to all fields, and looks alright behind the plate (good arm, needs some blocking work). He's a good bench catcher, and if he can ever cut down on the strikeouts a little bit, he has a chance to be a starter.