Lets hear what others have to say.

BigSqwert

Home record  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are booing fans a main reason why we have a bad home record?

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
I admit booing, in my opinion, does not help things, which is why I never boo our own players. But I don't believe it to be a significant factor in our s***ty home record.

Pretty much my thoughts on it.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
To whoever says yes, please post so in here and your address so I can come to your home and kick you in the nuts.

me -> nutkick.gif

THIS GUY. Actually, I immediately regretted my snap vote after I reread the question. 'Main reason'? Absolutely not. Slight contributing factor? Yes. That's what I get for not reading directions.

Southpaw is one of my favorite Tweetists.

Southpaw White Sox Mascot

I was not Mayor Daley's #whitesox gift. His present was a tricked out golf cart

I love the #whitesox

Lord Helmet may be a bad guy, but his helmet is cool. #spaceballs

Home runs are fun

I'm going to clean my room today. First thing i'll do is sweep.

Absolutely not. Fans don't usually boo until you've already put together a track-record of not performing. We weren't booing Adam Dunn a week into the season, more like a month into the season. Just like the fans didn't really give up until this team until later on in the season.

The reality is, booing might have an impact, but not until you are already doing lousy enough to get booed.

And I personally only boo when I think a player has been terrible for an extended period of time. For example, I would boo Adam Dunn or Alex Rios. Probably the only two guys on our club that I'd actually boo. I could never boo Juan Pierre cause he's just too good of a person and too hard of a worker.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 04:59 PM)
Absolutely not. Fans don't usually boo until you've already put together a track-record of not performing. We weren't booing Adam Dunn a week into the season, more like a month into the season. Just like the fans didn't really give up until this team until later on in the season.

The reality is, booing might have an impact, but not until you are already doing lousy enough to get booed.

And I personally only boo when I think a player has been terrible for an extended period of time. For example, I would boo Adam Dunn or Alex Rios. Probably the only two guys on our club that I'd actually boo. I could never boo Juan Pierre cause he's just too good of a person and too hard of a worker.

Bingo. Bingo. Bingo. Bingo. Bingo.

Fans don't boo UNTIL the team sucks. Anyone who says otherwise has never been to a major league sporting event. And the best part is, if they start performing, the boos will vanish. Almost instantly, fans will begin to cheer.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
Bingo. Bingo. Bingo. Bingo. Bingo.

Fans don't boo UNTIL the team sucks. Anyone who says otherwise has never been to a major league sporting event. And the best part is, if they start performing, the boos will vanish. Almost instantly, fans will begin to cheer.

Didn't Dwayne Wise get booed on opening day?

About a week ago our home and road records were almost the same. We get our ass handed to us by two of the best teams in baseball and we're making up reasons as to why we are a mediocre team at home? Booing fans wouldn't have been cited as a reason for anything had this question came up before Boston came here.