8/9 Gamethread Sox vs Baltimore

JoshPR

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
Sox lose 6 then win 5, OK. Longest winning streak of the year none the less, need to sweep this team though IMO, any updates on the Tribe/Tigers game ? PPD or they still waiting it out?

Think the O's would trade Hardy for Beckham, or is Hardy a FA in the offseason? I know he was on the Twins last year

I think they said yesterday that he signed a 3 yr extention.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 02:44 AM)
I dont even have words for how Ozzie is using the bullpen at the moment. Its working because Sale and Santos are ridiculously talented, but ugh.

How could you possibly complain about Ozzie tonight?

What's wrong with Sale facing two guys, then Sergio one? Sale has been pretty f***ing good and Sergio is amazing.

Here we finally have a good manager and you guys want to run him out of town and begin the merry go round of managers again. I don't get it.

Get rid of Kenny? Yes. Ozzie, no. Just make sure the next GM has total control over the ML roster, not Ozzie.

Kudos to Sale and Sergio And from the box score it looks like Ohman and Frasor did OK but Frasor apparently walked a guy.

And it looks like Morel is getting better. Keep the home runs coming, White Sox. We need them. It's our ONLY offensive victory formula to go with pitching.

If we can hit a ton of homers the next two months we can get back in the race. If not, we'll be doomed to oblivion.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)

What's wrong with Sale facing two guys, then Sergio one? Sale has been pretty f***ing good and Sergio is amazing.

Here we finally have a good manager and you guys want to run him out of town and begin the merry go round of managers again. I don't get it.

Get rid of Kenny? Yes. Ozzie, no. Just make sure the next GM has total control over the ML roster, not Ozzie.

Kudos to Sale and Sergio And from the box score it looks like Ohman and Frasor did OK but Frasor apparently walked a guy.

And it looks like Morel is getting better. Keep the home runs coming, White Sox. We need them. It's our ONLY offensive victory formula to go with pitching.

If we can hit a ton of homers the next two months we can get back in the race. If not, we'll be doomed to oblivion.

I still can't figure out if you are legit or not. I am starting to head toward the Milkman camp on this verdict.

Greg,

Maybe youd have more context on my complaints if; 1) you read it from when Ohman was put in the game and 2) you actually watched the game.

Im usually not that hard on players/managers (there is almost 10 years of track record you can look up), but Ozzie is not a good manager. And ive been really patient hoping that hed learn the more he managed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)

Well first and foremost, I can't f***in stand Ozzie and to say he's a good manager at this point is pretty ridiculous.

But anyways, I'm not even mad at the way he's handling Sale and Santos right now because to be perfectly honest, it just doesn't matter. Those two are just so damn good right now, it just doesn't matter what spots you put them in. That being said, it's some of the strangest managing I can remember seeing, it really makes no freakin sense.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:42 PM)
Greg,

Maybe youd have more context on my complaints if; 1) you read it from when Ohman was put in the game and 2) you actually watched the game.

Im usually not that hard on players/managers (there is almost 10 years of track record you can look up), but Ozzie is not a good manager. And ive been really patient hoping that hed learn the more he managed.

Sometimes I really think he's trying to embarass KW by using Ohman in key situations. "He's on the roster, so's I gotta to use him (in the most inexplicable situations for the last guy out of the bullpen)."

He had to do it the previous Sunday in the 9th inning when we were down only 4-3 against BOS and Adrian Gonzalez put the game out of reach essentially.

I actually turned off the TV because I felt like Ohman was going to give up the tying run and I didn't want to break my remote control.

Edited by caulfield12

Guillen is overmannaging the bullpen like Tony LaRussa. But I can't complain about the Santos/Sale thing at all. Although if I'm Chris Sale, I wouldn't be so pleased that Ozzie is deliberately letting Santos vulture saves away from me.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:43 AM)
Well first and foremost, I can't f***in stand Ozzie and to say he's a good manager at this point is pretty ridiculous.

But anyways, I'm not even mad at the way he's handling Sale and Santos right now because to be perfectly honest, it just doesn't matter. Those two are just so damn good right now, it just doesn't matter what spots you put them in. That being said, it's some of the strangest managing I can remember seeing, it really makes no freakin sense.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:53 AM)
Guillen is overmannaging the bullpen like Tony LaRussa. But I can't complain about the Santos/Sale thing at all. Although if I'm Chris Sale, I wouldn't be so pleased that Ozzie is deliberately letting Santos vulture saves away from me.

1.) Why is it ridiculous to say Ozzie is a good manager? Is it his fault his team waited until this road trip to start hitting some home runs or multiple home runs in games? If our offense had done a flip for the first four months we'd be in first place.

Why does it make no sense? Sale got 2 outs and Sergio one. As far as using Ohman, I hate Ohman but he's on the f***ing roster! He has to pitch some.

I didn't read the whole game thread but were some people mad Floyd was still in the game in the 5th and Ozzie had nobody up? That would be stupid criticism.

2.) Sale shouldn't be upset. He succeeded. Sergio succeeded. We won the game.

If complaints of Ozzie are centering on him using guys (Pierre, Rios, Dunn, Ohman), the blame should be 50-50 with KW because KW put them on the damn team!!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)

doubt Sale cares about saves when he'll eventually be a starting pitcher