Sergio scoreless in last 28 times on road

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
His slider is untouchable. Might be the most dominating pitch a Sox pitcher has had in our lifetime.

Somewhere amongst the catch-all there's an ESPN post suggesting that Sergio's slider is the most dominant single pitch in MLB this year.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Still go with the Contreras forkball (05-06) and Loaiza cutter in 2003 on that score.

McDowell forkball/splitter as well.

Jason Bere "foschball"

Takatsu "frisbee"....joking, at least he was fun to watch

I loved the frisbee in 2004. However, regarding Jose, this was right up there with my favorite game he ever threw for us:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/play...b_tp350&v=2

NASTY!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
Somewhere amongst the catch-all there's an ESPN post suggesting that Sergio's slider is the most dominant single pitch in MLB this year.

It's the best strikeout pitch in the game this year, yes.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:11 AM)
I miss the vest jerseys.

They were f***ing awesome.

I agree. Did anyone else notice the advertisements for Sunday Night Baseball last week when we played the Yankees- the do the side by side of a representative player from each team and our pic was of Paulie... wearing the vest jersey. Is that really their most recent photo of having the Sox on ESPN...? (veiled attempt to disguise my hatred for ESPN)

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
Even better than the 2005 Bobby Jenks Uncle Charlie? I don't think anyone hit that pitch that year

I am going with Bob James hook. And Eddie Cicotte's knuckleball.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)
I agree. Did anyone else notice the advertisements for Sunday Night Baseball last week when we played the Yankees- the do the side by side of a representative player from each team and our pic was of Paulie... wearing the vest jersey. Is that really their most recent photo of having the Sox on ESPN...? (veiled attempt to disguise my hatred for ESPN)

That pissed me off.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 10:13 AM)
Is this based off the rare flip-o-rama, or the classic 1919 silent film accompanied by piano music? :)

haha i like the piano music

its based on Eight Men Out. none of those hollywood clowns could hit it when he was actually trying to win

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
Sergio is a real talent ansd exciting to watch. Plus he is still learning to pitch IMO at the big league level. Imagine what he will be like in the future. That ought to scare a lot of teams.

That is the most amazing part to me. The guy has been so consistent, outside of getting a tired arm at expected times. For a guy who is new to this, he never seems to lose the arm slot or the zone, especially when compared to guys who have been doing this almost all of their lives.