AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

southsider2k5

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes you wonder if AJ and Sale are falling in love with that slider too much, but it has been working so well recently.

Frasor, you really were fortunate that leadoff walk didn't score, had the 0-2 count and Adam Jones should have been on 2nd base with no outs.

Things seem to be breaking our way....with the blown Markakis steal call at 3B. That inning changed completely around.

Alexei continues to be maddeningly frustrating both offensively and defensively.

Nice to see the homer by Morel, definitely he was due. Turned out to be the winning run. Nice job by AJ to hang in there and drive in a run against a LHP. He's really been our best hitter after Konerko for most of the last 2 months.

Hawk, stop your man-crush on Gordon Beckham until he's actually hitting .280 or higher.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:01 PM)
Anybody see Showalter bump into Cuzzi's shoulder after getting tossed? Thought you arent allowed to make any contact with the umpires, wonder if he'll be suspended

I saw it, but i saw it as incidental contact, not a shove. Cuzzi turned a few different ways to get out of the way of Showalter but Buck was trying to shadow him. If he is fined I wont agree with it

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
I saw it, but i saw it as incidental contact, not a shove. Cuzzi turned a few different ways to get out of the way of Showalter but Buck was trying to shadow him. If he is fined I wont agree with it

it was incidental but it occured because he was crowding the f*** out of Cuzzi, like "i'm getting in your face"

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
Sometimes you wonder if AJ and Sale are falling in love with that slider too much, but it has been working so well recently.

Frasor, you really were fortunate that leadoff walk didn't score, had the 0-2 count and Adam Jones should have been on 2nd base with no outs.

Things seem to be breaking our way....with the blown Markakis steal call at 3B. That inning changed completely around.

Alexei continues to be maddeningly frustrating both offensively and defensively.

Nice to see the homer by Morel, definitely he was due. Turned out to be the winning run. Nice job by AJ to hang in there and drive in a run against a LHP. He's really been our best hitter after Konerko for most of the last 2 months.

Hawk, stop your man-crush on Gordon Beckham until he's actually hitting .280 or higher.

It is literally the most unhittable pitch in baseball last I knew.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Team is kinda fun to watch again...trouble is we're still possibly 5 out and making up that ground is going to be very difficult.

Kudos to Morel for that bomb.

And Quentin's bomb as well.

Folks, we go as far as our long ball takes us. Keep bombing away, White Sox.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
yes, but since he's searching desperately for a string of negatives to post about the game, you have to cut him some slack.

Is it back to we can only post positives when we win games because we won, so everything must have been right/correct?

Let's keep in mind it's the Orioles we're playing, not the Tigers.

1) Lillibridge is our best option at 1B defensively

2) Morel has been looking better at the plate recently

3) Quentin is showing signs of going on a hot streak and carrying the team for 7-10 games at a time like he did in 2008.

4) Floyd survived the adversity and pitched through it coming off the rough start against the Yankees

5) Frasor got a key out of Vladimir Guerrero (although Hawk was right, 2-3 years ago Guerrero drops the head of the bat more quickly and crushes it)

6) Chris Sale has been the most improved player on the Sox from April-May until now

7) Santos is becoming a monster

8) AJ is the consummate professional hitter

9) Team just seems more confident and has been holding leads or rallying when necessary

10) First five game win streak for the Sox....White Sox are 7 games over .500 now on the road

Edited by caulfield12